Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rsoronen

Chrome hooks for Shower? (or mesh pouf hanging ideas)

Renée Soronen
12 years ago

I use a mesh pouf in the shower, and want to add a chrome hook to hang it on. I need help! :) I don't know what is good to use in the shower or not, and I don't think that a suction cup one would work with my tile. Has anyone else found something that works, or a solution to hanging the pouf that I haven't found? I would really appreciate ideas on this.

Comments (11)

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    12 years ago

I have tile and I use one of the clear plastic suction hooks. Works fine, is unobtrusive.

• Olychick
    12 years ago

I put up two Command hooks in brushed nickel (a fake finish) in my shower to hold wet washcloths until they dry. They are GREAT and I would guess they come in a chromelike finish. No holes in the tile, no glue. I've had them for about a year and no problems with the moisture at all.

• nycbluedevil
    12 years ago

I bought several extra of the single robe hooks that are part of the same series as my faucets (in my case, Jado New Haven) and placed them in various places, including in the shower to hold my mesh sponge. So you can match your faucets or use a hook made by another manufacturer like Ginger or Smedbo or one of the others that makes nice stuff. I think my hooks were $34 apiece online. Maybe a bit pricey but won't break the bank.

• Renée Soronen
    Original Author
    12 years ago

writersblock - my tiles have a slight texture, and the semi-complex oxo suction cup hook I had in the pre-remodel shower doesn't stay up anymore. Do you use just a very plain suction hook?

olychick - thank you so much for that info! I had been wondering about those, as I thought they would be great to try out a certain position of hook before I commit, and if they end up working I could just be done with the whole thing. I'm not sure they come in a chrome-like finish, but I may try them anyway. :)

• Renée Soronen
    Original Author
    12 years ago

nycbluedevil - did you screw the hooks right into the tile? I'm not totally opposed to it...but I admit it scares me just a little bit, with my pretty, untouched new tile walls. :D What do you think about using some of those shower command strips like olychick brought up to hang a hook that is supposed to use screws? Would that be a total fail?

• Olychick
    12 years ago

I forgot to say that I also use command hooks outside the shower (on tile) to hold my wet bath towels. Not what I intended but can't seem to commit to hanging the towel bars in the new bath. It was a temp solution, but I am so happy with them that I might not ever get a bar. They have NEVER fallen off and hold a soaking wet bath towel with no problem. I got the larger ones, but they have a smaller size that would work for your pouf.

Here is a link that might be useful: chrome hooks

• nycbluedevil
    12 years ago

Yes, they get drilled right into the tile. No different from a towel bar or toilet paper holder.

• Renée Soronen
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you everyone! I'm hoping to get out and buy some final accessories this weekend. This info will help me a lot!

• blubird
    12 years ago

Command makes water-resistant strips which I've gotten on Amazon. I have one hook hanging in my shower for several years now and have never had problem with it. You could use those water resistant strips with any of their hooks...

Helene

• Renée Soronen
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Helene - that's exactly what I plan to do! :) I already have the strips (I also bought them on amazon) and have some small chrome hooks coming to me as we speak. Not sure how nice the hooks will look, but I'm hopeful!