Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Repairing an acrylic bathtub with a very small nick

Posted by therenee (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 10, 12 at 9:08

I'm almost finished with a bathroom remodel (pictures are coming soonish!), and have discovered that someone put a very small nick in the bottom (floor) of my installed tub. Everything is done, so I'm very against replacing the tub, and hoping it can be fixed so it's looks new again... Am I going to have to call a professional to come in and repair it, or can I do it myself? Anyone have any experience or tips they can share?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Repairing an acrylic bathtub with a very small nick

I know how frustrating that is, it happened to me - we had the tub covered in plywood and the tile man removed it to tile up to the edge of the tub - it was very upsetting to say the least for this to happen so close to completion. I called hydrosystems and they said they have authorized repair men that come in sand and fill the little nick. It's not something I would ever try myself!

I left it alone but then the granite guy left something loose that fell in the tub and left a huge chip rather gouge in the bottom so I need to have it done soon,

I'll let u know how it goes
Rahcel

o

We had a nick and a kitchen and bath store that we have been dealing with had an experienced guy come out and do the repair. I don't know what he used but it was a terrible strong smell. You can't even see where it was! I think it was about $100.00 to get it done. Well worth it though.

o

I believe they do sell a kit for home repair, I know I bought one for our fiberglass tub that was just replaced and I am pretty sure there were acrylic ones there too. It was not hard, just stinky. And it looked ok, though definitely not like new. If it's reasonable, I would pay to have a professional do it since the whole room is nice and fresh. Our tub was really just the excuse I needed to remodel, so I didn't care what it looked like for the couple of weeks it took me to line things up.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here