Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
blondelle_gw

Gorgeous Porcelain Marble - Looks Like Statuary!

blondelle
12 years ago

I just came across this and thought I would share. Comes in matte and polished in 12 x 12, 18 x 18, and 12 x 24 as well as a stylish, reasonably priced 1 x 5 mosaic, and a very expensive multilevel 1 x 1. It's from the group iBiananchi from Rex.

http://www.rex-cerart.it/

I saw it in person and thought it was the real thing. The only difference is REALLY up close it you can see the VERY fine dots of the printing. Looks really high end though.

Another view:

http://www.rex-cerart.it/en/popup-zoom-gal-d-771.asp

In person I didn't see any of the warm tones in it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rex marble look

Comments (103)

• riverrocks
    12 years ago

Bill,
    How many different tiles in the Naxos before you get repeats?

Would bone grout end up looking nasty? Do I need to go with medium grout to avoid that?

(A tile contractor told me that Mapei grout repels dirt and doesn't get dirty, even white.)

• blondelle
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Riverrocks, I was curious what you thought of the Rondine tile in my post above. I would like to know about the white grout too. Poor Bill though with all our questions. The man must be really tired at the end of the day after laying all that heavy tile.

I think Bill said 6 or 7 tiles before it repeats. That seems like a very small amount of tiles that are different though. I think the Rondine has very few repeats. What I don't like about the Naxos though is that all the veining seems to run in one direction, making it very linear, and the smaller tile is very broken up.

I have a very small bath and would put up the real thing, but don't want to squeegee the walls after each shower and worry about sealing, and water seepage and unseen iron deposits in the marble as well as etching and other nasties.

Yeah, I want it all. I don't understand why they can't dip real marble tiles and slabs in some sort of special resin as it's porous, and then cure it to prevent all that :-(.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rondine Calacatta Oro Catalogue

• riverrocks
    12 years ago

Bill,

Sorry, I didn't realize you already answered about the repeats. 6 or 7 doesn't seem like very much, but then why haven't I noticed repeats on the photos?

Would bone grout end up looking nasty and dirty ? Do I need to go with medium grout to avoid that?

(A tile contractor told me that Mapei grout repels dirt and doesn't get dirty, even white.)

Blondelle,

I just came back from looking at a showroom with two installations of the Rondine and all sizes on the wall. I can't wait to see Naxos. I don't know where I can see Coem yet. There are two by Graniti Fiandre that are like statuario and calacatta, but if I am reading correctly they come in jumbo sizes only with 30x15 or 24x12 being smallest and look bad in the photos.

For the polished only, based upon seeing one large tile each of the Rex and lots of Rondine, I think the Rex and Rondine are tied and it's best to choose on color/pattern/tile size preference.

I see what you mean about the dark background of the Rondine. So dark it is almost depressing, although it is probably unnoticeable unless you place white next to it.

The sample I got of the Rondine is slightly rusty colored. Because there are so many different tiles of the Rondine, there is a chance to place only the rusty tile, only the grey tile, or the normal mixture of rusty and grey Rondine.

If I used Rondine matte for my floor, invisible grout would not be as light as for the other tile, so now I am wondering how light grout can go without looking dirty and bad. I do prefer "floating" veins.

Here's a question for you: Is the Walker Zanger Calacatta porcelain the Rex Calacatta?

• bill_vincent
    12 years ago

Would bone grout end up looking nasty? Do I need to go with medium grout to avoid that?

The darker the grout, the easier it is to keep clean, no matter WHOSE it is. Laticrete's Permacolor is much easier to keep clean, as well.

• riverrocks
    12 years ago

Thanks, Bill.

Blondelle,

The Walker Zanger is the Rex and the Rex Calacatta is mainly blue.

What do you make of those little dark blobs on the Rondine? Does marble have blobs or is that slightly fake?

• riverrocks
    12 years ago

Blondelle, I was able to find blobs in photos of real marble.

• blondelle
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Riverrocks I didn't notice any dark blobs on the Rondine. I will look at the WZ tile. Sometimes they put other tile under their own name. There IS an 18 x 18 size in the Naxos made for the floor in a matte finish. It's in the catalogue shown on their site. I thought all the Naxos was in a matte finish. Would you know what finish is on the regular Naxos tile? In some photos, the mosaics look polished. The Legend in the Naxos is nice too. More of a subdued carrera look.

I will have to see a piece of the regular Naxos and the matte one. I like the pattern much better on the larger format tiles. Might use the 13 x 49 ones if I don't like the matte. Still deciding with the Rondine. That seems like more or a classic look, and the Naxos more modern in the larger size. Love them both. The Rondine 1 x 1 mosaic is about $20 and the 3D one is about $60. Not sure how Naxos is priced.

• blondelle
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Riverrocks, I spoke to a tile company that sells the Naxos. It is a polished marble, but the matte tile is made for the floor. It does have a surface texture and he said it's not as rich as the polished. No one is going to put their nose right up against a floor tile though to see the texture and it's made that way to avoid slipping on it. You can also use a limestone look tile on the floor in a similar background color to the marble and use the polished marble look on your vertical surfaces.

• riverrocks
    12 years ago

Blondelle,

The WZ is for sure the Rex.

There are lots of dark microblobs on the Rondine. I had never seen that before but googled enough marble photos to convince myself that it isn't a mistake, they just took photos of blobby slabs.

The Naxos collection is here:
    http://www.naxos-ceramica.it/images/catalogo/serie/Marble_Hill19/pdf/eng/Marble_Hill19.pdf
    http://www.naxos-ceramica.it/images/catalogo/serie/Marble_Hill32/pdf/eng/Marble_Hill32.pdf

I have calculated and written out most of the sizes for the Sculptur but not the Legend using both pdfs. I think I did leave off those massive tiles with ridges. Note Legend and Sculptur have different tiles, patterns, mosaics. Check my math to make sure it is correct.

naxos sculptur POLISHED
    12.8x38.5
    12.8x25.6
    12.8x12.8

7.5x19.3
    12.8x12.8
    various cornice and caps and mosaics

naxos sculptur MATTE
    12x12
    12x24
    17.7x17.7
    battiscopa 2.8x12

My bath is long and narrow but with walls that are chopped up into small two foot, 6 inch or even 2 inch pieces around windows, doors, and a massive full wall mirror (can't do a focal wall) and you can't see the bathtub tile until you walk all the way to the end of the bath and stand at the opposite wall from the door (no focal bath tile wall). So my options for using marble tile are on the floor (focal floor) which is long and not chopped up. Or the walls which are these chopped up 2 foot, 6 inch, 2 inch areas around doors and windows. Not sure if this makes sense.

• riverrocks
    12 years ago

Bill,

Can I clean Laticrete Permacolor grout with Oxiclean (oxygen bleach-type products)?

Bill and Blondelle,

I plan to see the Naxos today, but am excited about the Rondine Matte and wonder which you think is better for a 36 inch aisle that is 11 ft long, 12x12s or 12x24s laid across the aisle? The 12x24 would be a full tile every other row, two half tiles every other row. (The 12x12 have large veins and the 12x24 have even larger veins. Scale issue.)

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:1469326}}

• blondelle
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Definitely a 12 x 12 on the diagonal. I wouldn't do a 12 x 24 tile with a space only 36" across. Have you considered laying the Naxo 7.5 x 19 in a herringbone pattern?

• riverrocks
    12 years ago

Blondelle,
    I have seen the Naxos installation. Naxos polished is on par with the Rex and Rondine. I took photos. I am trying to figure out what to post. The Naxos makes me want to do the walls in Naxos polished, but the matte 12x12s aren't so hot on their own. So if I did the Naxos, I would probably want to do the walls in Naxos polished in addition to the floor. My brain is on overload.

Here's one of Sarah's nougat countertops with marble. Click to enlarge: http://beta.images.theglobeandmail.com/archive/00019/Main_Bath003_19562a.jpg

I have a blue countertop sample (Parys) which goes with Rex Calacatta (blue, cool floor) and Rondine (bluish grey and rust, not cool, more neutral floor). I have photos. Do you want to see them?

The fine countertops don't have as good reviews on the internet as the ones with larger chunks. But I do agree with you that fine doesn't fight the marble. However, Marazzi is so muted and soft and watercolory, so maybe you think pairing that with one of those countertops doesn't fight?

Bill,

Can I do Polished Naxos 7.5 x 19 in a herringbone pattern?

Can I clean Laticrete Permacolor grout with Oxiclean (oxygen bleach-type products)?

I am still excited about the Rondine Matte and wonder which you think is better for a 36 inch aisle that is 11 ft long, 12x12s or 12x24s laid across the aisle? The 12x24 would be a full tile every other row, two half tiles every other row. (The 12x12 have large veins and the 12x24 have even larger veins. Scale issue.) See link for photo.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:1469326}}

• bill_vincent
    12 years ago

Can I do Polished Naxos 7.5 x 19 in a herringbone pattern?

I don't see why not.

Absolutely. You shouldn't need to, though but maybe once in a while.

I am still excited about the Rondine Matte and wonder which you think is better for a 36 inch aisle that is 11 ft long, 12x12s or 12x24s laid across the aisle? The 12x24 would be a full tile every other row, two half tiles every other row.

What about one row, a full piece (12x24)to the left, and then a cut piece, and the next row, the full piece to the right, and then the cut, back and forth?

• blondelle
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Riverocks, I would LOVE to see all your photos of the Rondine and the Naxos. Why not upload them all in bulk to photobucket.com, and then provide a link here to the album.

So the Naxos polished looks real in person? No dots or screened look up close? I was told the background color is also lighter than the Rondine which I prefer. Did you see the large format 13 X 39 ones?

• bill_vincent
    12 years ago

Blondelle-- it looked real enough to fool every worker on the job. I'll try to remember later to take my camera out and take a close up picture of the tile and post it. (I've got about 100 feet sitting in my garage)

• riverrocks
    12 years ago

Bill,

I just realized that 7.5x19.3 inch Naxos polished tiles might not work for a herringbone in a 36 inch aisle across the aisle...but it could if you make it go lengthwise down the aisle. Would that look weird or normal?

"What about one row, a full piece (12x24)to the left, and then a cut piece, and the next row, the full piece to the right, and then the cut, back and forth?"

The full row and cut piece every single row I hadn't even thought of! Would the scale of those 12x24s still fit the room? (4x11 room 36" aisle)

Blondelle,

What do you think of Bill's idea of Rondine full 12x24 to the left and piece to right then full 12x24 to right and cut piece to left alternating idea? Fit's scale of room? (4x11 room, 36 inch aisle)

What did you think of the Sarah bathroom with marble floors and nougat counter?

If I just upload them the easy way, then you won't see them close up because photobucket has size limits. To allow you to see close up, I make them as large and close up as I can, then crop a section that will still open on photobucket. I'll do several but it might take me awhile. Unfortunately I noticed that several were unfocused on the polished, but I have a sample so I can take more. Also look at my bucket acct. This is a clear Naxos photo. Notice the color is very reddish brown. I know you want to see the hex Marazzi.

Do you want me to take a photo for you of the polished Naxos, Rondine, Rex all in the same photo close up to compare the detail?

naxos polished for blondelle
    {{gwi:1469368}}

hex marazzi (only one texture) for blondelle
    {{gwi:1469369}}

• riverrocks
    12 years ago

I saw the Naxos and Marazzi showroom literally one right after the other yesterday, thinking it would help me decide. It didn't. (sigh)

I saw the new Coem porcelain travertine installed and it is so realistic. I think you need to track down and look at the Coem calacatta polished and maybe I should too.

The Marazzi has 3x6 tiles so I could do a herringbone floor pattern with that.

I'm intrigued by this alternating pattern Bill is talking about because I think the 12x24 Rondine is prettier than the 12x12 Rondine because you see more of the big veins as intended.

• blondelle
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks so much for the photos. With the mosaic floor I could get away with the polished and the polish adds so much more sparkle to a small space. The hex doesn't come polished. I knew the Naxos has some brown, but not that rust color although it's still pretty. I thought it was more uniform in color with a warm brown and a bit of gray like the photos online. The Naxos looks very realistic, right down to some white scratches in it that show when you nick real marble...LOL! They even captured some of the translucency that real stone has. I'm impressed.

Would love to see more tiles together Bill if you get a chance. Riverrocks, I forgot about the polished on your floor as it will be too slippery. It would help if you could post the layout of your bathroom.

Riverrocks, you can use the 24 x 24 Rondine tiles going down the aisle and then use a a quiet stone look tile that's either the background color or a color that blends with the marble for a 6" border on each side. You can even separate the two with a shiny taupe thin strip tile. That would also work putting each 24" tile on the diagonal, but that will require more labor for all those cuts. You can use the mosaic on either side of the tile but that's $$$. You can then use the same tile for the walls and shower so you wouldn't see all those breaks that you would using the marble there. Would look so nice.

You can then pick up the Rondine tile with the mosaic of it used as as trim over the vanity and as an accent in your shower.

• riverrocks
    12 years ago

Bill,

"What about one row, a full piece (12x24)to the left, and then a cut piece, and the next row, the full piece to the right, and then the cut, back and forth?"

The full row and cut piece every single row I hadn't even thought of! Would the scale of those 12x24s still fit the room? (4.5x11 room 36" aisle)

Do you have some photos of this idea?

Do you think that a thin about one inch or 0.5 inch liner going around the edge of the room floor would make the room look bigger (draw the eye out) and be attractive or not as good as without?

Blondelle,
    Keep checking my bucket acct. I put more photos for you of Naxos.

I think you are right that the smallest polished Naxos is too big for the floor.

Naxos does look less rusty in indoor light.

6 inch might be a bit big, maybe a thin border? Here is a thick border of real calacatta and limestone.

24x24 seem a bit big. Do you think that is better than 12x24 to the left and piece to right, 12x24 to right and piece to left idea? Have you seen photos similar to this idea?

I'm not concerned with price.

Did you look at the link to Sarah's bathroom with nougat and marble floor?

Here are closeups. Matte. Naxos top left, Rondine top right, Marazzi bottom right, Cotto bottom left. Rex little blue piece.

{{gwi:1469370}}

{{gwi:1469371}}

{{gwi:1469372}}

{{gwi:1469373}}

{{gwi:1469374}}

{{gwi:1469375}}

{{gwi:1469376}}

{{gwi:1469377}}

• blondelle
    Original Author
    12 years ago

You know in those photos they all look just about the same...LOL! There's also an 18" square tile in the Rondine. If you're redoing your bath, why wouldn't you want to take some space from the closet and put in a shower too. It doesn't make sense to have a huge, long skinny vanity with just one little, lone sink at the end. I redid the bath and added a shower. If you shortened the vanity, and added two high cabinets on either end for storage it will allow you to add the shower, and not lose storage. You can add a soffit coming off the ceiling between the two high cabinets and add your lighting there and have a mirror between them. Would look better.

Can you give me a link to your photbucket album. Would love to see.

• riverrocks
    12 years ago

Blondelle,

If you click on any of my photos, you will be in my photo acct. I am still putting a bunch more photos there for you too look at.

Thanks for playing with my layout. That's very nice of you. I know you must be a designer or something like that because your taste is impeccable. I don't want to change my layout, though. It's very functional. I hope you don't mind my asking, but would you please remove that photo? I think it is easier for Bill to give advice on my layout if there's just one photo with my actual layout for him to look at.

• riverrocks
    12 years ago

Blondelle,

Do you think this nougat counter goes with the marble floor?
    {{gwi:1469381}}

• riverrocks
    12 years ago

Blondelle,

Here's what my cabinets look like in the box.

{{gwi:1469383}}

Maybe you could do the massive tiles on your shower wall and run the mosaic from the floor straight through your shower floor to make the room look bigger.

Here is a link that might be useful: [continue mosaic from floor into shower floor[(https://www.houzz.com/photos/mt-baker-craftsman-bathroom-seattle-phvw-vp~25165)

• riverrocks
    12 years ago

I've eliminated Naxos. There's something I don't like about the matte. It's basically the same colors as Marazzi, only Marazzi is so much prettier.

I'm going to try to buy some Rondine blue and rust samples. The one I have is in between with almost no vein. Also I need to try to buy a Cotto sample. Trying to decide without big samples is not working.

I've narrowed it down to:
    Rondine either 12x12s or 12x24s
    Marazzi 12x12s
    Cotto either 18x18, 14x18, 9x18. 9x9 seems small except maybe a herringbone or 2 tile pattern?

• bill_vincent
    12 years ago

Do you have some photos of this idea?

No, I don't. but based on a 36" wide room, that's standard brick joint.

Would love to see more tiles together Bill if you get a chance.

• riverrocks
    12 years ago

Blondelle,

I think you are going to like Naxos because it looks so white. The white looks almost blue next to those red brown veins. It looks unnatural in the matte. It's fine in the polished.

• riverrocks
    12 years ago

Naxos polished in indirect sunlight. Closeup then further out.

{{gwi:1469388}}

{{gwi:1469390}}

• riverrocks
    12 years ago

Blondelle,

I can't even believe I forgot to say this. Don't get the Naxos square tiles for your shower wall. The pattern looks boring and the veins look somehow inferior to me. Only get the rectangular ones.

• riverrocks
    12 years ago

Bill and Blondelle,

What do you think of these patterns for Rondine 12x24?

{{gwi:1469391}}

{{gwi:1469392}}

{{gwi:1469393}}

• riverrocks
    12 years ago

Blondelle,

I uploaded a bunch of Naxos photos, Rondine, and others for you. Click on any of my photos to get into my acct.

Since Rondine's background is so dark (like Sarah's), and and Rondine has bluish and rust veins (like Sarah's) do you think Rondine is a good choice for nougat (like Sarah's)?

• bill_vincent
    12 years ago

I like 2 and 3-- not big on diagonal rectangular tile. But again, it's not MY taste that's important. :-)

• riverrocks
    12 years ago

Bill,
    Do you think one of the 12x24 patterns above or 12x12 diagonal is better for 36 inch aisle? Would the larger tile fit the scale of the aisle or look funky?

• riverrocks
    12 years ago

Bill,

What do you think of this layout as well for a 36 inch aisle? I don't know what it is called to draw it out but the photo would look similar to my bath (almost 3 rows).

{{gwi:1469394}}

• riverrocks
    12 years ago

Blondelle,

I have another idea for your bathroom.

Run the same mosaic in shower floor across whole room (same idea as above but it is also in this photo).

Run the marble tile rectangles sideways across the whole room including shower and in between run thin limestone rectangular tiles horizontally to make horiztonal stripes around the room. Eg Rondine maybe Blue Lagos; Naxos, maybe Bursa Beige.

I like the nice rug instead of plain mat idea too.
    {{gwi:1469395}}

• riverrocks
    12 years ago

Bill,

Do you think 12x24s fit the scale of a 36 inch aisle or would look funky?

• bill_vincent
    12 years ago

I don't think it'd look funky at all.

As for the other photo you asked about, it's called a "hopscotch pattern". I don't see a problem with that pattern, as well.

As for the diagonla 12x12, That's also not a problem.

I'm easy to get along with!

You need to realise-- there are very few patterns I haven't seen, in anything from small powder rooms to wide open great rooms. To me, they ALL look good. Do I have my favorites? Of course. But this isn't MY house. ANY of the patterns you've suggested would look fine, with the exception (IMO) of the diagonal rectangular tiles. But even that one, mechanically speaking, would be no problem, if that's something you like.

• socalsister
    12 years ago

I've seen the Naxos installation at an Arizona Tile showroom. They call it 'Sculptur.' There is not much in the way of trim pieces for the matte version. The bulk of the trim pieces are glossy--and look somewhat plasticky. Just something to keep in mind.

• riverrocks
    12 years ago

Bill,

I have those traditional white cabinets (photo above) and narrow room with the same layout as the hopscotch bathroom (photo above), if you imagine the bath twice as long and a bit narrower.

I've been trying to imagine how I would use the final 3 brands I like to help decide.

Rondine has really large, thick veins that run lengthwise on the 12x24.

Because of that, people either run the 12x24s across the wall so the big veins go horizontally across the wall, or vertically so the the big veins go vertically up the wall.

I'm trying to figure out if it's best to have thick veins going horizontally or vertically if I use polished 12x24s on the walls (in a narrow room with a window on the end).

And then what pattern to use on the floor for horizontal veins or vertical veins.

Eg if the veins are horizontal across the wall, I wonder if it is best to continue the horizontal 12x24 pattern onto the floor across the aisle. Or maybe it is better to have a clearly different pattern on the floor and use the 12x12 diagonally with veins in random directions.

Eg if the veins are vertical to the ceiling, I wonder if it is best to continue it onto the floor and run the 12x24s lengthwise down the aisle. Or if it is better to have a clearly different pattern on the floor with 12x12 diagonally with veins in random directions.

• Blueyedblonde
    12 years ago

What a fantastic thread!! I'm a long time lurker who just joined the gardenweb so I could join this conversation. I thought I was the only one who is OCD about tile! I've been trying to find a porcelain tile that looks like marble for at least a year. We are just beginning the process of remodeling our master bath. I want to find a tile the looks like marble, but isn't quite as busy as the Naxos Calacatta look alike. I just got a sample of the Naxos in the Legend colorway. Has anyone seen an installation of the Legend? Does anyone have any suggestions for a tile that looks more like carrera or statuary? ( white and grey-blue) I live in Maryland and can't find anywhere that would have it on display. Riverrocks- where did you find all the different displays that you photographed? Your photobucket was so great! I would really appreciate any help that you can give me.

• riverrocks
    12 years ago

Blueeyedblonde,

The Naxos Legend is so hard to find that I have spent about 2 weeks trying to find it now and just gave up yesterday. I think I would have to order it online.

I think the Legend is probably the best greyish bluish on the market that I know of that is realistic and not busy looking.

A second best option for greyish bluish would be to use the Rondine and install only the bluish vein tiles (each tile has either rust veins or blue veins on a grey background). But I think it is dramatic and busy, which you are not looking for.

If you want blue blue and warm veins, the Rex Calacatta has that on each tile, but is very busy and cobwebby and I don't think that is what you are looking for.

There's that Lea Dream above.

Googling I found:

Sant Agostino statuario

http://atcasa.corriere.it/catalogo/prodotti/Ceramica-SantAgostino/I-Marmi-Italiani.shtml?2
    http://pdf.archiexpo.com/pdf/ceramica-sant-agostino/i-marmi-italiani/50726-53356-_3.html

Graniti Fiandre statuario
    http://www.granitifiandre.cn/porcelain-tile/technical-ceramic/marble-tiles/michelangelo-statuario/

Iris statuario canova
    http://www.archiexpo.com/prod/iris-ceramica/marble-tiles-4925-282514.html

Lapicida statuario
    http://www.archiexpo.com/prod/lapicida/marble-tiles-64691-300007.html

Ariostea statuario
    http://www.archiexpo.com/prod/ariostea/imitation-marble-porcelain-stoneware-tiles-51254-444018.html

• riverrocks
    12 years ago

Oops! Ignore the Lapicida statuario, I meant to write Argenta statuario.

http://www.archiexpo.com/prod/argenta-ceramica/glazed-porcelain-stoneware-tiles-63525-422065.html

• riverrocks
    12 years ago

Bill,
    I have those traditional white cabinets (photo above) and narrow room with the same layout as the hopscotch bathroom (photo above), if you imagine the bath twice as long and a bit narrower.

I've been trying to imagine how I would use the final 3 brands I like to help decide.

Because of that, people either run the 12x24s across the wall so the big veins go horizontally across the wall, or vertically so the the big veins go vertically up the wall.

I'm trying to figure out if it's best to have thick veins going horizontally or vertically if I use polished 12x24s on the walls (in a narrow room with a window on the end).

And then what pattern to use on the floor for horizontal veins or vertical veins.

Eg if the veins are horizontal across the wall, I wonder if it is best to continue the horizontal 12x24 pattern onto the floor across the aisle. Or maybe it is better to have a clearly different pattern on the floor and use the 12x12 diagonally with veins in random directions.

Eg if the veins are vertical to the ceiling, I wonder if it is best to continue it onto the floor and run the 12x24s lengthwise down the aisle. Or if it is better to have a clearly different pattern on the floor with 12x12 diagonally with veins in random directions.

• Blueyedblonde
    12 years ago

riverrocks- thank you so much for all the effort you made to find all those different sources for me. I think that you're probably right that the Legend is the best for what I'm looking for. I wish I could find a whole installation of it. Do you know what the basketweavy trim is next to the Naxos in the picture that you posted on Sat Aug. 13 at 17:38 ?

• riverrocks
    12 years ago

The photo with the trim posted at 17:38 is Cotto d'Este Exedra.

The trim in the photo is most likely Akdo calacatta pistachio (green) basketweave, but you can buy this in many different colors from Akdo and various places. Waterworks has one in black and white in various sizes if I remember correctly and New Ravenna will do any kind of custom border you can dream up.

You can post a thread asking if anyone has seen an installation of Naxos Legend carrara look tile. I wonder why they are not carrying both colors in the stores and why Legend is so hard to find.

• riverrocks
    12 years ago

Bill,

• bill_vincent
    12 years ago

riverrocks-- this is really a question only YOU can answer. If it were me, the veins would run horizontally, on the walls, as well as on the floor the way you see them from the doorway of the bathroom. Thing is, it's NOT my house, and your taste might differ from mine.

• riverrocks
    12 years ago

Bill,
    I'm thinking 12x24 horizontal veins on the walls too.

Not sure about the floor. I'm wondering if horizontal 12x24s or diagonal random 12x12s would make the room look bigger.

• riverrocks
    12 years ago

Bill,

I'm thinking 12x24 horizontal veins on the walls too.
    Not sure about the floor. I'm wondering if horizontal 12x24s or diagonal random 12x12s would make the room look bigger.

Blondelle,

let me know if you are interested in more calacatta look tiles.

• sjdshull
    7 years ago

Where is this found?