Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Toilets with a small footprint

Posted by mdispensa (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 20, 13 at 8:51

I have a small bathroom and want the toilet to take up as little room as possible especially in the front-to-back dimension. Therefore, I think the oval bowl is out and am find with a more round one. What's the latest thoughts about the height of the seat?

Also, any toilets that you would avoid and any that you love?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Toilets with a small footprint

The shortest ones, front-to-back, that I have found are the American Standard Colony FitRight Round Front toilet at 26.5"; and Kohler San Raphael and Rialto, --in round front versions-- which are both between 25-26".

The American Standard is a typical, inexpensive, two-piece toilet. The Kohler models are kind of expensive one-piece toilets and I have read some complaints about their function

I am considering the AS Colony. I don't know about its function. I am considering it, because of it's short length for a basement bathroom.

If you are remodeling the entire bathroom and can move plumbing you could do a wall hung toilet with an in-wall carrier system (Geberit and Toto make them). They are about 22" long because the tank is in the wall. But the outlet for the toilet is also in the wall not underneath in the floor, so that requires moving the plumbing.

o

You can always go Victorian. ;-) It's not for every house, granted, but it is kind of cool. That gets you to under 20". Link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Victorian loo

o

That one still ends up 28" from the wall though, at the front edge of the bowl. The bowl itself is 20"ish but it sits on a standard rough in. Look under "Depth". I missed it myself at first.

o

Well, dang. That would look awful, wouldn't it? The Euro-look in the wall is the way to go, then. I've been looking at loos, too, for a powder room refresh and wondering if I dare swap out my round for oval.

o

Thanks for the tips. My current toilet is a 2 piece that is only 26" from wall. I don't really want to go beyond that so I'll look into some of those smaller bowls.

o

26 3/8 for the Toto Eco Drake, they may have more too. Totos have a great reputation around the Terry Love forum and here. I love the Vespin we just put in.

o

Anyone have experience with the Barclay Constitution White 1.6 GPF 12-in Rough-In Round 2-Piece Toilet

Here is a link that might be useful: Barklay Constitution from Lowe's

o

> The shortest ones, front-to-back, that I have found are the American Standard Colony FitRight Round Front toilet at 26.5";

If you can go with a 10" rough-in, even the elongated version of this one protrudes only 26-1/2" from the wall

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here