Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cmara

Am I stuck with this Shower Control?

cmara
11 years ago

I hope someone can help me with this dilemma. I'm almost done with a bathroom reno. I've researched almost every last detail and gotten so much information from this forum. I made one mistake and I'm afraid I'm going to have to live with it. Without going into a lot of boring detail I had to make a rush decision on the shower head and control. I ordered it from a catalog in a plumbing supply show room. I was looking for a square shower head and a lever handle on a square backplate. When the inner workings of the shower head and diverter came in my plumber installed it. Weeks later the shower head and lever came in and I absolutely hate it. The shower walls are tiled so there is no changing the plumbing work. I looked at different heads and levers from the same manufacturer, thinking they could be interchangeable with the plumbing, but there's nothing I like in the finish I need. Am I stuck with this? Would any other levers work with the plumbing already behind the wall? Any input would be appreciated.

Comments (3)