Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Am I stuck with this Shower Control?

Posted by cath_longisland (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 14, 12 at 8:50

I hope someone can help me with this dilemma. I'm almost done with a bathroom reno. I've researched almost every last detail and gotten so much information from this forum. I made one mistake and I'm afraid I'm going to have to live with it. Without going into a lot of boring detail I had to make a rush decision on the shower head and control. I ordered it from a catalog in a plumbing supply show room. I was looking for a square shower head and a lever handle on a square backplate. When the inner workings of the shower head and diverter came in my plumber installed it. Weeks later the shower head and lever came in and I absolutely hate it. The shower walls are tiled so there is no changing the plumbing work. I looked at different heads and levers from the same manufacturer, thinking they could be interchangeable with the plumbing, but there's nothing I like in the finish I need. Am I stuck with this? Would any other levers work with the plumbing already behind the wall? Any input would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Am I stuck with this Shower Control?

I'm far from an expert, but my very basic understanding is that the lever (trim) has to match the valve, which seems to mean the same manufacturer and sometimes the same product line. But I've been told that shower head attachments are very standard, and can be mixed across manufacturers.

o

Who makes the shower valve & what model is it? You probably have some options. You say there is nothing you like in the finish you need ... have you found anything (from even another maker) that you do like? Or, can you consider changing the finish? If you haven't installed the sink faucet & shower head you could probably go from Chrome to Polished Nickel or vice versa at this point. It might change the price of the fixtures, but it may be an option.

o

Thank you for the quick responses! EngineerChic, the shower valve is Brizo Virage T60030 in polished nickel. It's really just the actual lever handle that I don't like. It just does not fit the look of a traditional bathroom. The sink faucet is already installed. It's a different make and model all together. The matching shower valve didn't come in polished nickel, that's why I went with a different manufacturer. I posted a link. I'm being picky, I know. It's the shower, no one but my daughter will see it for the most part. I just really don't like that lever.

Here is a link that might be useful: Faucet Direct

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here