Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How do you clean your washlet?

Posted by buildinva (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 25, 13 at 8:46

What's the best way to clean the advanced toilet seat / washlet? We have the Inax R and are wondering the best products/method for cleaning. My experience with plastic toilet seats has been that after a while the finish will start to wear off away and they will stain. Obviously I'm hoping to prevent this, given the price of the washlet! We normally use scrubbing bubbles bathroom cleanser (spray) and/or lysol wipes for cleaning. Would love to hear from those who have owned a washlet for a while. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How do you clean your washlet?

I have the Toto Washlet 300. We clean it with soap and water. One of the very nice features of the Washlet is by pulling two tabs the whole toilet seat assembly simply pulls out. I have had this for about 6 years and it hasn't deteriorated at all. I do not want to use any harsh chemicals on it as I would expect to see the plastic deteriorate.

As to the use of the appliance, I love it;) I shave my head and find that a wash and dry on the other end is just fine!

o

We have a Toto as well, and the plastic seat looks awesome now as before. So it's not true that all plastic seats deteriorate. Having said that, if you have a Toto, then please check manual and care instructions carefully since it is important to follow them to keep your toilet flush well.

o

I use Clorox or similar wipes to clean the seat and lid. I use an old toothbrush and Greenworks spray cleaner on the wands.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here