Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
dormer bathrooms (under the eaves) - your pix please?

Posted by circuspeanut (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 20, 09 at 8:44

hi folks,

I'm looking for inspiration pictures of dormer bathrooms, i.e., top-floor baths with a sloping dormered roof. We're planning an attic expansion with a dormered master bath for our bungalow. Would love to see how folks resolved the space issues, how you placed your shower or tub, skylights, windows, etc.

Many thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: dormer bathrooms (under the eaves) - your pix please?

This is our bathroom. We opened up the ceiling to expose the roofline, added skylights. Also did the same in the hall bath, with similar result, other than the fact it was a very small bath that we were able to steal 18" from the landing to help enlarge it. Other than having only one real place for each fixture, it wasn't a problem. Shower and tub worked well in both baths, but the lowest height of the ceiling I think is 72".

Here is a link that might be useful: Where my photos live

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here