Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Kohler Levity glass shower doors...

Posted by blondelle (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 3, 13 at 8:41

Has anyone installed these yet? It's a higher end look for about $400 in the clear 1/4" glass. They use a new sliding system without a track to clean. It looks like a $2,000+ door I saw in one of the designer showrooms.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Kohler Levity glass shower doors...

Sorry, I don't know much about it but it does look high end. I might consider this for our remodel so thanks for posting. If I find anything out I'll be back.

o

I have them but haven't taken them out of the box for install yet. I'll post when I do.

o

I've been wondering too about these. I have a Kohler cast iron pan, and this is one that Kohler states is compatible with their pans.

I want a bypass door to save on room in my bathroom. The bypass will also allow me to reach right into the front and turn things on.

o

So levity doors are up. I really like the look. I didn't install them so can't say how install went. We did try to make a small adjustment to them so they would glide more smoothly and that took us 1 1/2 hrs to figure out, so I'm thinking they're not a quick install. Very light look, no heavy track on bottom, no track on sides. Ikk post pics when I figure out how

o

Here is a way to post pictures. See the link below which contains lots of other good info too. But a little ways down the tread, Buehl has a link to information on posting pictures.

Here is a link that might be useful: New to Kitchens...

o

Excellent, ill post tonight. The doors look great, we had to spend some time last night trying to get the rollers adjusted but now have them working smoothly. one point ive noticed already is that the doors will be tough to clean the glass along the track. Since they slide with the track next to them rather than at the top, there is a portion of the glass that is difficult to reach. It is the glass on the inside of each door next to the track.

o

Excellent, ill post tonight. The doors look great, we had to spend some time last night trying to get the rollers adjusted but now have them working smoothly. one point ive noticed already is that the doors will be tough to clean the glass along the track. Since they slide with the track next to them rather than at the top, there is a portion of the glass that is difficult to reach. It is the glass on the inside of each door next to the track.

o

Petepie, Maybe a flat spatula with a rag draped over it will get in there to clean.

o

My guest bath has sliding doors on the tub. They hang and don't touch the bottom track. The only place tough to clean is the overlap right on the bottom. I use a bamboo skewer and a thin micro fiber cloth.

-Babka

o

Ok trying some pictures

photo image-1.jpg

photo image.jpg

o

They look really nice. Thanks for posting these.

o

Hi
I have been looking at these doors to finish my remodel. What is your experience with them? Thanks for posting

o

These are beautiful doors, but I would advise against buying them because they don't seem to slide very well. The rollers are adjustable and they keep slipping. I had these doors installed by professional installers. They have been back to my house several times trying to fix the slipping problem. The last time they were at my house,they commented that they have lots of problems with these doors and are going to stop recommending them to customers.

o

We put the Kohler doors in last fall when renovating our master bath and they have been awesome. The bathroom design was very contemporary, so wanted a sleek 'floating' shower door with minimal trim. Also, since the bathroom is TINY we wanted fully BYPASS doors which the Kohler offered. Had looked at doors from local custom glass shops, but they all had one stationary fixed door. Did have to ensure there was proper support in walls as all the weight of the doors is on the two rail brackets. It is unfortunate that the displays in local big box stores were never properly adjusted, and never worked well, as I think this door is a real bargain. Never had a problem, actually have to be careful to not slide door too quickly as they roll VERY easily.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here