Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wall mounted soap dispensers

Posted by cottonpenny (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 15, 12 at 8:38

Getting carrera marble counters in my bathroom...My goal is to keep everything I can off the counters to avoid problems and also to get a nice clean look. So we have medicine cabinets for toothbrushes, etc., and wall mounted faucets.

Should I get a wall mounted soap dispenser too? Thinking it may decrease the chance of getting a ring around the bottom, though of course it could still drip.

Thinkign of this one from Hansgrohe.

Any experiences? Any downside to doing this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wall mounted soap dispensers

While I love the look of a nice dispenser, I also like to know what soap I am washing up with as I load up on them when bath and body works has a sale. - I have seen soap dispensers that were kind of icky so I would be nervous about the commitment of a wall mount dispenser because it can't be replaced as easily

If you do try one and because of it's frequent use it doesn't work out so well you could always use it for moisturizer

Rachel

o
RE: wall mounted soap dispensers

I have no experience with it, but am getting marble tops too so thinking about the same issues. How does it attach to the wall?

Just looked up wall mounted dispensers and most people seem to like them. But I couldn't find out how they attach.

Because I hate drips on the counter, I would think about the drips you will have as you put your hand back to pump the soap, and then the splashes on the mirror/wall/BS/whatever that is just behind the dispenser. But with wall mounted faucets this would probably look good and be a good option.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here