Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to Fix a Leak in a Walk-in Shower?

Posted by Boblink (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 10, 12 at 7:03

Hi, we have a glass "walk-in" shower with a glass door, a glass enclosures on one side and the shower wall(s) on the other 2 sides enclosure and it appears that theirs a leak coming from the glass door taht is causing damage to our wood floor and I would appreciate any help and/or suggestions that you can offer. '
The "problem" is on the "short side" of the door, that is the side that just "tilts" vs the other side of the door that fully opens and closes.
Their appears to a little space between the (my guess is that it's a) 1/4 " clear / soft silicone sealant that runs vertically down the glass shower door (that opens/closes, onto "the wall") taht is visable when you stand outside of the shower.
I believe that "shower water" runs down the shower door and seeps it's way out of the shower enclosure and slowly drips onto the wood floor in front of the shower entrance.
I am thinking of getting a piece of clear silicone (similar to what is installed on the "thin side" of the shower door) and placing it on the wall to "plug" this gap where I believe water is coming in.
I've attached 3 photos, the first one titled Shower, is an overview of what the shower looks like structurally, the second one, Problem area is where the shower water seeps out and the last one, CloseUp is the area that I believe I need to insulate.
As you can tell, I don't have a FIY mindset and would appreciate ALL the help that you can offer including the name of the part(s) that I may need and where (what type of store or Website) I can purchase them at?
Thank you for your help,
Bob
P.S. - I should add that the silicone probably should be 1/4" thick, clear in color and I will need about 6 feet

Follow-Up Postings:

o
How to Fix a Leak in a Walk-in Shower?

Sorry, I wasn't able to figure out how to POST all the photos on the same thread so this is a photo of the problem area

o
RE: How to Fix a Leak in a Walk-in Shower?

last photo, close-up of the problem area

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here