Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Polished marble tile in powder room?

Posted by purrus (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 29, 12 at 4:38

Hi all,

I'm stressing out quite a bit over a tiny bathroom--really tiny. 3.5x5.5. No window, so I'm trying to use as many shiny fixtures as possible--chrome, etc. Which leads me to the pretty plank-shaped marble tile I discovered at the tile shop a couple of weeks ago, and ordered.

Anyway, my sample got a scratch on it--it could have been my car keys or something sinceI was carrying it around, but I'm worried--am I going to have to be nagging my husband to be careful with this all the time? No one has metal shoes, of course.

If I'm up in the middle of the night worrying about nothing I'd love to hear it. I love the tile but I don't want to pay tons of money to have this room updated only to have it look like garbage in a few months!
Photobucket
Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Polished marble tile in powder room?

All it takes is a grain of sand under someone's shoe. My suggestion to you, if this is going to drive you that crazy, would be to look at granite tile instead of marble. You can still get a polished stone, and it'll be just as attractive, and yet take a grinder to make a mark on it. :-) Just as a fer instance, this is a front entry I did for someone in santa cecilia granite:

Photobucket

o

You can thank me now for the thousands of dollars I just saved you in marriage counseling fees. :-)

o

I have polished marble basket weave floors in my power room. Two kids use this bathroom and my 100 lb dog walks all over the tile. They haven't scratched. We are not easy on them at all and I have been pleasantly surprised at how they are holding up. I would consider a basket weave or mosaic instead of a plank style - any scratches would be more obvious on larger tiles.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here