Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sfelod

66 X 32 X 20 tub with flange

sfelod
11 years ago

We are remodeling our hall bath & have allowed space for a 66" long X 32" wide tub.

This will be a shower/tub combo in a 3 wall alcove. We prefer about a 20" height. This bathtub will be used mostly for bathing our two toddlers as well as showering for guest. This is the only tub in our house, our master has a huge shower only...so we thought the longer tub would be nice.

My first choice would be a tub we could tile the front, however, I have read so many horrible stories (mostly on Garden Web) about waterproofing issues for drop-ins without an integral flange...so we now feel like we have to go to a tub with an apron front. I guess budget is our biggest constraining issue & are there any tubs we could tile the front but that have the integral flange?

I have seen pictures on Houzz.com of tile front tubs where the tile is flush with the width, where the framing must not protrude an additional few inches. Is this a special kind of tub because our contractor told us to count on a 34" if our tub was 32", BUT we don't want it wider than 32".

This tub has a flush tiled front:

https://www.houzz.com/photos/raveninside-interior-design-contemporary-bathroom-vancouver-phvw-vp~102799-Inside-Interior-Design-contemporary-bathroom-vancouver

If we have to go with an apron tub because of the tub/shower combo set-up or the alcove location or our price constraint (about $800), then we want to have a plain flat apron front..no design.

I have seen SO many pictures of tub/shower combos in alcoves on houzz.com. I know you can buy flange attachments, but we were also warned these are not leak proof.

Any help, suggestions, idea will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

elizabeth

Comment (1)