Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What should I do with this weird space????

Posted by ponytails (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 2, 13 at 1:44

So I am renting this house and I have no idea what to do with this weird bathroom space. There is no hook up for a shower head and the cabinet to the right of the picture is not treated to be waterproof. its a decent size space but seems weird to me. Does anyone know what it is for or what I should do with it?

some helpful tips about me I am in my early twenties, and I am sharing the house with a man ( also in his early twenties ) who has a two year old son.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What should I do with this weird space????

Why is there a curtain if there's no shower head?

o

My neighbor's house growing up had this arrangement. They just used that large area as a shelf for shampoo, soap and towels. Maybe the previous renter hooked up a hand held shower. That's what I would do.

o

Lots of candles...hahaha. OR a a big boston fern! Seriously, that space won't seem very big once the 2-year old's bath toys are piled up there. ;-)

You could put up Command Hooks to hold extra towels, or get a self standing rack to hold folded towels.

-Babka

o

If you have a two year old in the house, how about a cute water tolerant basket to fill with bath time toys? If you need more storage, you could put some sort of shelving there for towels and such.

o

I actually decided to go with three baskets that are hung up with suction cup hooks. They are different colors and hold all of our shower products soo that they are not piled on the window seal haha. And yes I went with a nice green plant far from little fingers and a basket for toys. We also laid down a non slip shower rug so the little one wont slip if he gets up there.

I still dont like the space soo much but I am learning to utilize. I will post pictures when I get back into town! Thank you everyone for your ideas!!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here