Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kohler Mendota or bellwether tub

Posted by maysf (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 29, 13 at 0:58

Please help me choose a tub. I have been researching for a tub and need to buy now as our contractor will need it in 2 weeks. We have 3 kids age 8 months - 6 yrs, this will be the only tub in the house, other two baths have shower only. We like kohler villager, great for bathing kids, but want them to bath in it even when they are a little older. My kids are tall like my husband. Does anyone have Mendota and ok with little kids? Bellwether is cheaper, easier to step in and out. Is it ok to bath in it for bigger kids and adults?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kohler Mendota or bellwether tub

You must be talking about the Bellwether 837 which is 60x30. It is the one I have. The Mendota, I'm not sure about as I had taken it off my list for some reason or other.

The other Bellwether 875 is 60x32. But because of the slanted front it is very short bottomed and people have complained about this fact. Also complained about the need for an extra long spout as the drain hole is 12" from front end to drain, instead of the typical 9". The Bellwether 837 is more of a standard type tub. Not as tall as the 875, instead it is like the Villager.

My tub is a bit narrow, but I have been taking a bath in it daily for many months as I am remodeling my other bathroom. It has been fine. I would not want it as my soaking tub if I wanted one. The reason I put it in is because I want the utility of having a tub in the bathroom that it is located. I liked the long bottom at almost 49" I think, the very tidy styling, and the shallow water fill at 9". I needed to keep a tub in the house for grandkids and the family needs. I think it would be a great looking shower/tub combo. The plumber liked the straight inside sides, as a safety feature when stepping into the tub.

My Bellwether 837 :)

entry to bathroom photo IMG_3924_zps24daa8f0.jpg

Closeup showing the straight front (no slant)
Hansgrohe Axor Montreux photo IMG_3922_zpsb4797af8.jpg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here