Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
marble tile to match Calacatta Regina slab

Posted by CTLee (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 10, 13 at 23:20

I have a beautiful Calacatta Regina slab (http://walkerzangerblog.com/tag/calacata/) for our master bath tub and counters and now realize that no one makes marble tile in this lovely cream marble with smoky green shadows. I have been struggling to find Calacatta Caldia tile, another difficult one to find, and am now considering putting hand-made subway tile in the shower instead, or another easily obtainable tile ( of course, the job has come to a halt waiting for my tile decision!) I would love thoughts about 1) mixing in a porcelain tile in the master bath and 2) the idea of going with Thassos on the floor in basket weave...a very white marble that I can only imagine would be tough to keep clean. I am a big marble fan, have it in my current master and am putting in on the floors and counter of two other baths, so it is not the material I am worried about, just the color. This forum has been so great in helping me thru lots of house decisions....hope someone has a brainstorm I haven't thought of!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: marble tile to match Calacatta Regina slab

I have calacatta caldia slab and tile in my kitchen. I got it at Arena Stone in northern NJ. They specialize in white marbles.

o

I have seen some variation in calacatta tile depending on the stores I have gone to, and they all call it calacatta or calacatta gold. You may just want to look around and see if you find something you like that pairs well with your slab. The tile will never be a 100% match to your slab anyway.

We are in the process of remodeling our master bath and will be installing calacatta on the counter, floors and as an accent tile in our shower niche...rest of the shower will be white subway.

We are also planning on putting calacatta in our hall guest/family bath with the calacatta on the tub/shower surround and on the walls chair rail height. Floors are going to be a wood porcelain tile and the countertop will be a quartz.

I think it looks good to break up the marble with another stone/texture....as long as it doesn't get too busy.

o

We got marble (White Thassos) for our bathrooms at K&K Marble on Long Island, NY. I think they have a good selection of different types of marble, so it might be worth calling or visiting them.

FWIW, if you do end up going with White Thassos, we have it in all three bathrooms' niches, and as trim tile in one bathroom, and it's just as white today as it was 3 years ago, when it was installed. I sealed it using STT's SB Sealer.

Here is a link that might be useful: K&K Marble Importers

o

Thanks, all. I am on the hunt today for some tile, perhaps Caldia as it seems close! Wondering if you all have heard of Glassos...a man-made Thassos look-alike that is 1/2 the price and beautiful. I am thinking of that for the shower as it has the depth that porcelain tile does not.
Can't wait to be done!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here