Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jaxo_gw

Very high quality over the shower door towel racks?

jaxo
10 years ago

I'm getting new frameless glass doors without towel bars for the shower enclosure.
I don't want to have towel racks on the doors or store towels on the door, but I still need to have a handy place to grab towels when I step out of the shower. After use, the towels would be put away in a hamper. I will be using smaller gym/spa type towels that will only be used once each and washed on weekends..

I'm trying to find a high quality, removable over the shower towel rack, but I noticed that some of the ones that claim to be over the shower door towel racks are way too wide even for relatively thick glass. They seem to be really designed for hanging over the bathroom entrance door, not a glass shower door and would be quite loose if hung over a shower door. I saw a few on Amazon.com, but they seem a little cheap and I didn't see any of them that had constantly good reviews.
I don't want a floor standing towel stand because there is not enough space to put anything on the floor that would be within arms reach of the shower.without interfering with swinging the shower door open.

I could just throw a towel over the door near the rear of the shower without using a towel rack at all, but it could easily get wet from overspray.

Any suggestions?

Comments (9)