Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
winesnob_gw

Need some advice

winesnob
11 years ago

I have attached a couple of pictures. When they fabricated my marble slab this wall was off square, hope that is correct term....what would you do? They are thinking of building it up with mud. Also if you will notice the bathtub, my faucets have to go right there at the edge....any comments I also have a handheld. This is a design flaw but it is too late now, have to figure it out.

Comments (6)

• ShellKing
    11 years ago

I looked at all your pictures on photobucket. Wondering if you did anything about the placement of those two tiles that are the same right next to each other?

I'm not an expert, but I would think you could mud or calk that edge and you wouldn't notice once you put some nice candles, vases, apothecary jars or whatever along there.

As long as the faucet fits and can be turned, I think you'll be fine. In our old MB, the faucet was in a tight spot but you could still turn the hot and cold handles.

• weedyacres
    11 years ago

You could put some tiles backsplash-style on top of that ledge to cover up the gap.

• renomomma
    11 years ago

Yes, tile above it, it will end up looking nice.

• kirkhall
    11 years ago

I thought the purpose of templating was to take into consideration off square things...because many things are off-square.

Did they not template it? Did you pay the price normally paid for a templated stone installation?

If not, then I think you have to add some wall tile.

• bill_vincent
    11 years ago

Problem is at theend by the window, I don't think tile will cover the gap, if it covers ANY of it. Keep in mind, tile only covers about 3/8".

If the tile won't work, think about some kind of wood or stone trim.

• williamsem
    11 years ago

Marble backsplash!