Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
musicteacher_gw

tile choices

musicteacher
10 years ago

I am worrying about my tile choice for the shower. I went to a really nice store that helps you design, gave them the numbers my contractor asked for and they ordered the tile. He wanted me to chose larger tile - kinda forgot about that in the excitement of choosing pretties and got a slightly oversized subway tile. He didn't seem to happy about it-- kind of resigned. I guess it will take longer to do. Also, I just ordered one size of tile, one shape, and am wondering if this will work? My old shower had mostly small square white tiles, but it had rounded corners whatever you call those pieces that go in and around corners. , different shapes on the ceiling etc. They didn't have this tile in stock so we are having to hold things up a few days for shipment, and we do have a deadline. My biggest worry is that the flat tile won't fill all the needs and then I either have to settle for a makeshift job or end up without a second bathroom when we have 6 houseguests for a week!!!! OR that my contractor will get mad at me and disappear! I really don't see all those specialty pieces in stores anymore, are they not used these days?