Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flynnnj

What to do???? Sanijet Sale 50% + Free S/H

flynnnj
12 years ago

I purchased my townhouse/condo 3 1/2 years ago and have a Jacuzzi that I hate to use because no matter what I've done I can't get rid of the black gunk.

I started to research the Sanijet and the Bain(?) tubs because of what I've read on GW and JUST received an email from Sanijet that there's a once-a-year 50% off sale plus free S/H until July 22. I thought I was only in the research phase of my bathroom because I've been fully focused on redoing my kitchen but after that email I am really thinking about getting a tub - NOW!

Unfortunately there's no showroom that carries the Sanijet. Do I need to sit in it before making a decision? What to do? What to do? I'm about 5'2", want a grab bar and maybe an arm rest. My current Jacuzzi is NOT relaxing for me. If I try to lay back I feel like I'll slide down the drain - OK, not really, but it's not a great fit for me and the jets don't seem to hit the right spots. They just spew out a lot of bubbles, gunk and are noisy.

It would be wonderful to get advice and feedback, positive and negative, from anyone who owns a Sanijet, or has ever used one. I hope you're out there.

Comments (7)

• Olychick
    12 years ago

I post all the time about how much I love my Sani-jet. (They have sales all the time, by the way). If you go to the bottom of the page where it says Search (select this forum) and put in Sanijet, you'll find more threads. I don't know how I can help you with figuring out about jet placement, but they are very helpful in customer service, so maybe they can answer questions about the best model for you. You can measure distances of your jets in your Jacuzzi and compare to where Sanijet's are maybe?

Here is the main thread:

Here is a link that might be useful: Sanijet love

• sierrahh
    12 years ago

I ordered a Sani-jet tub during the June "twice a year" sale. Hasn't arrived yet, as it takes 4-5 weeks to be built and shipped. I also took that risk of buying sight-unseen because I like the idea of their jets with no pipes to grow algae and other bugs in. If you look online there are some B&Bs and boutique hotels that advertise their Sani-jet tubs as part of their amenities.

Becky, the rep I talked with on the phone, was very helpful in discussing the different options. I did order the grab bars in the tub. Will also have higher grab bars on the walls.

Hydronic floor is due to be installed soon, then insulation and drywall installed. Still need to choose the floor tile. With luck the timing will all dovetail.

Fingers crossed that it works out well. It's a big leap of faith!

olychick, thanks for your posts. Your enthusiasm helped contribute to my decision to place the order.

• Olychick
    12 years ago

Sierrah, I hope you love yours as much as I love mine!

• sierrahh
    12 years ago

Becky from SaniJet called today to say our tub is ready to ship. Should arrive sometime next week. It will be another month before we have the new water heater in and the gas line hooked back up. Cabinets will also arrive in about four weeks.

In the meantime they'll build the tub surround. Hey, this is going to actually start looking like a bathroom when we get the tub in there.

We'll be so ready to take that first dip in the new tub.

• Hummingbird318
    12 years ago

Sierrahh.... What Sanijet tub did you order?

• kelvar
    12 years ago

Show us a picture when you get it. Do Sanijets have heated backrests like BainUltras?

• Olychick
    12 years ago

Not that I am aware of...mine doesn't. Their appeal is the lack of pipes for the jets, each jet has its own motor - all the working are accessible from inside the tub, so there is no need for an access panel anywhere. Plus, with no piping, there is no water sitting anywhere to mold or mildew, AND the jets (sans motors) go into the dishwasher if needed for cleaning.