Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elphaba_gw

What color grout with white subway in a tiny bath?

elphaba_gw
10 years ago

What color grout should we use in a very small 53 inches by 8.5 ft master bath? Tile is white shown below. Floor is taupe. You can barely see the bullnose at the top of the picture below. (work still in progress...)

I had hoped maybe to paint the walls above the tile some pale color - maybe pale lime green. My contractor thinks maybe a pale pale gray would be a good color for the grout. I was originally thinking white. Wouldn't the gray (even if pale) conflict with any color or make things too busy in such a small space?

I think one issue is that my contractor is using the new some say revolutionary grout known as Fusion Pro (or something like that). It is supposed to work like epoxy grout where there is no staining as it ages. Credible tile people are saying it is really great grout. And unlike epoxy grout, it isn't supposed to turn yellowish. But it is still new and there is always the possibility of a surprise. And if I have chosen white and it turns yellow, that wouldn't be good.

Should I take the risk? Or maybe use a paler shade of the color I choose for the wall above the tile for the grout? Thoughts?

Comments (3)