Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to turn the shower on when you have a glass door

Posted by tartanhabit (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 14, 12 at 21:00

and other questions I have ...

We will have a tub/shower combo in our soon to be remodeled bathroom and I'd like to install a frameless (or minimal frame) glass door. Not a sliding door that goes across the whole width of the bath - one of those doors that is probably about 1/3 or so of the length of the tub.

But what mystifies me is how you turn the shower on and have the water warm up nicely without having to actually get in the tub and turn it on.

Can you get ones where the glass door swings out a bit allowing you access to the shower control? What kind of size is good for taking a shower and not having water splash out beyond the glass door?

Any insights, brands to look at appreciated, etc. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to turn the shower on when you have a glass door

I think they are hinged. Very cool.

Here is a link that might be useful: On Amazon

o

My door swings out for the exact reason you mention. I did not want my door all splashed up before I even got in the shower!

o

My door swings out for the exact reason you mention. I did not want my door all splashed up before I even got in the shower!

o

Excellent, thank you beeps - nice visuals & link!

Jeannie, what size door do you have? Just wondering what's a good size so that water doesn't splash out beyond the showering area.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here