Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
coolbeansw

'Toilet of my dreams' NOT

coolbeansw
11 years ago

So, after learning that moving the toilet into its own little room was going to cost an extra $3K, I decided to leave it in its original alcove, thereby making what it looked like a priority. Found the INAX Dover and was immediately smitten. A work of art! Worthy of not being hidden in a toilet room! So worth $600!

Just learned today that INAX has pulled out of the US market. Told my husband I could not get the "toilet of my dreams". His reply -- "I am dismayed on so many levels that there's a toilet of your dreams"..

True story. And of course he's right.

Meanwhile, can anyone recommend a good substitute for the INAX Dover?

Comments (12)

• fnmroberts
    11 years ago

Check out Toto. Their double cyclone flush, so I understand, is copied from INAX.

We have a Toto UltraMax with that system and it is quiet.

• coolbeansw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yes, thank you for clearing this up. The vendor who told me this did not understand the situation with Inax. I located a different vendor who actually had two Dovers in stock and I drove 240 miles round trip to fetch them. So now two of my bathrooms will have this toilet. Doing a little happy dance . . .

• pricklypearcactus
    11 years ago

I'm not certain if Kohler makes it anymore (nor do I know the flushing capability) but I've always considered the Kohler "Hatbox" toilet the "toilet of my dreams"...

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    11 years ago

Yes, they do, pricklypearcactus, but their current star toilet is the Numi, which has a MSRP about equal to the whole budget for my bathroom redo.

• divotdiva2
    11 years ago

Coolbeans, I cannot believe I am now watching flushing videos....wow! who knew? and they even make toilets that play music!

• coolbeansw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

So does this forum make us Totally Bathroom Obsessed, or does it atttract naturally obsessive people? (I am the latter.)

• djcscoo
    11 years ago

coolbeans, what are your thoughts on your INAX Dovers after a few months? I'm back and forth between that and a toto.

• kmcg
    11 years ago

djcscoo - I don't know if this will be useful, but I have an Inax Cedar, and think it's wonderful. It's a 2-piece skirted design, single flush 1.28 gal. Replaced a dual flush Toto with it, mainly because I didn't like the flush controls on the Toto, so I went back to a high efficiency single flush. On the Cedar, at least, the bowl design is much better - holds more water so the important stuff lands in water, IYKNWIM.

• boltons
    11 years ago

Ummm...I will be shopping for a new toilet and unfortunately do not have a dream toilet. What makes an INAX Dovers so amazing?
    For that matter, what should I be looking for in a new toilet??

• elk2000
    11 years ago

Boltons, it all depends on what exactly you want. Keep in mind that you don't have to spend a lot to get an excellent performance and nice looking model. If you are looking for one-piece, dual flash, skirted, ADA height, excellent flash, $400-$500 price range toilet then Inax Dover or Saint Clair are very good choices along with Toto. American Standard Cadet 3 or Studio are less expensive, but also excellent choices.
    I, on the other hand, am looking for everything above except non ADA height which is quite hard to find. Been contemplating between Duravit Stark, Inax Elegante, Villeroy and Boch Twist or Subway and finally decided to get Whitehaus Magic Flush WHMFL3351. It looks great, it's compact, excellent price, just hope it will perform as well as it looks :-)

• coolbeansw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Djcscoo, we are very happy with the Inax Dover. Like its looks, performance, cleanliness, and ADA height. Definitely recommend.