Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
donnar1957

Bathroom mirror/medicine cabinet

donnar57
10 years ago

Hmmm....thought I hit "Submit", not "Cancel". So, trying again.

We are going into a bathroom refurbishment. It's a remodel, but not an extensive one. We need to gut both the upstairs and the master bathroom, and put in new vanities, medicine chests and mirrors, toilets, and shower/bath combo (upstairs) and shower stall downstairs. Paint, put in new flooring. The upstairs is pretty well planned out and doesn't have any problems. The master bath is another story.

The vanity is in a 48" space surrounded by walls on 3 sides. There is a short wall on the right, creating a divider between the vanity area, and the toilet/shower stall area. We believe it is a load-bearing wall and is therefore staying right there during the remodel/refurbish.

My husband wants a unique type of mirror and medicine cabinet combination. He saw one somewhere and thought it would be pretty neat to have, but in combining our big-box stores and some local K&B stores, we're not finding anything like it. The unit had a plain mirror in the middle, and then two corner medicine cabinets flanking it. It matched the wood in the bathroom vanity.

Now, I'm thinking something like this might be custom made (and probably out of our budget). Unless someone here has an idea?

I told him, maybe we should get two corner mirrored medicine chests that either match or compliment the vanity wood, and then a plain mirror (or a framed one) in the middle. Fortunately for us, we haven't picked out a vanity for the master bath yet. But once again, finding cornered mirrored medicine cabinets in any of the stores we've tried, has not been successful.

If anyone has other ideas that would be similar, or even the name of the object he is looking for (so I can do a Google search), I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Donna

Comments (5)