Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pineapplecake

Bath remodel pics

pineapplecake
15 years ago

Our bathroom remodel (from hell) is finally basically done. I posted before and after photos on my blog.

Here are a couple of the "after" photos.

{{gwi:1466137}}

{{gwi:1466139}}

Also, FWIW, here is my original thread about the remodel.

Comments (21)

• mmme
    15 years ago

I love your mirrors, the tile in your shower, everything! And where did you find the lights above them? I'm looking for something similar....

• pineapplecake
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks! The lights are made by Dolan Designs. This is them (we didn't buy them online, but from one of the bricks and mortar locations of the same store).

By the way, my wife pointed out that there wasn't a picture that shows the whole side with the tub and shower, so I added this one:

{{gwi:1466140}}

It's hard to get all the angles in such a small room!

• brutuses
    15 years ago

Very beautiful. Your wall tile is magnific!!

• cat_mom
    15 years ago

Beautiful!!!! What is the wall tile--travertine or a look-alike?

If you wouldn't mind giving out more info re: the wall tile, e.g., where you got it, manufacturer, price/sq. ft., it would be much appreciated. Also, what size are the niches? TIA!

• pineapplecake
    Original Author
    15 years ago

All of the stone is natural, so yes, the wall tile is travertine. We got all of the stone from Pental in Seattle, but our contractor actually bought it so I'm not sure of the pricing (we just went to the showroom and picked out what we wanted). I'll have to measure the niches when I get home tonight. Our main goal there was to make sure our big pump shampoos would fit.

The fixtures are Grohe (Kensington, except the handshower is Movario and the rainshower). The cabinet hardware, accessories, etc. are Restoration Hardware Asbury. The sinks and tub are Kohler (Caxton 2210 sinks, Seaside tub). The toilet is a Toto Ultramax. The vanity was custom built, but based on the Restoration Hardware Hutton.

Also, not that it's directly relevant, but we love them enough that they deserve a plug -- the hand soaps are Good Home Co Pure Grass and Beach Days.

• lsudude
    15 years ago

Very nice.

• pharaoh
    15 years ago

wow! that wall tile is super!! very nice work, great design.. love it all...

• cat_mom
    15 years ago

Thanks for the info! If you are able to check on the niche sizes, that would be terrific.

I had originally envisioned travertine wall tile for the shower in the bath we'll be reno'ing shortly but somehow got shifted in a slightly different direction. After seeing your pics I might have to wish for a shift back!! Your bathroom is just lovely!

• annkathryn
    15 years ago

Just beautiful. It looks very calm and peaceful.

• pineapplecake
    Original Author
    15 years ago

The niches are about 14" high and 12.5" wide (inside dimensions).

• cat_mom
    15 years ago

Thanks! Do those sizes seem to be working out well for you? They look really nice, BTW! I like how sleek they look.

• pineapplecake
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yeah, the sizes are working perfectly for us. It's just enough room for our stuff without taking up more space than necessary. It all depends on how much stuff you have, though...

• cat_mom
    15 years ago

The bathroom that will be reno'd first (by necessity) will be a guest bath, so there won't be too much stuff (except while we're using the bathroom when the other two are reno'd!). When there are no guests, I don't intend to keep stuff in the niches outside of something decorative perhaps.

Thanks again!

• mahatmacat1
    15 years ago

I sure do love rectangles...very beautiful tile! Maybe limestone? What is the floor--a marble? Pental has the most beautiful choices.

• pineapplecake
    Original Author
    15 years ago

The wall tile is travertine and the floor is gris pulpis marble.

• MariposaTraicionera
    15 years ago

Absolutely stunning. What is your wall colour?

• MariposaTraicionera
    15 years ago

Absolutely stunning. What is your wall colour?

• lpinkmountain
    15 years ago

That bathtub looks like a little piece of heavan--coming from someone who hasn't had a bath in years!
    ;)
    I love the shower seat too!!

• mahatmacat1
    15 years ago

Thanks for the IDs on the stone. Gris pulpis--I'll have to look it up. I'm a big fan of grey stone. :)

• pineapplecake
    Original Author
    15 years ago

The wall color is Benjamin Moore Aura Affinity Truffle (AF-130).

• fluke67
    15 years ago

I love how the long skinny subways in varying thicknesses give a modern twist to a classic.

it looks great & everything works well together.