Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does this Mosaic tile mirror look nice?

Posted by coquitlaman (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 8, 14 at 20:01

This is a small half-bath. My DIY project.
Does this mosaic match the granite countertop?
24"x36" wall mirror, 1/4''plywood behind the mirror glass to level it with the mosaics.
How do you like this design?
A number of people told me they prefer using a dark color wood frame mirror on a painted wall without the mosaics. But I still like the mosaic idea better. What is your advise?

This post was edited by coquitlaman on Tue, Jul 8, 14 at 20:21

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Picture 2

pic

o
Picture 3

pic

o
Picture 4

pic

o
RE: Does this Mosaic tile mirror look nice?

Looks like you did a great job and the tile coordinates well with the counter. What looks off to me is the back splash running right up into the mirror frame. I think I would have made the frame up higher with more separation between it and back splash, or would eliminate the back splash and carry the tile all the way to the counter top.

I also think the curlicue "Bath" thingy distracts. Could you find another place for it?

o

I really like the mosaic tile mirror and I do think it matches the countertop, but agree with olychick re: having the frame up higher with separation between it and the backsplash. For me, that's too much pattern right next to each other.

o

I think the mosiac tile looks amazing, just beautiful and the close up looks even moreso.. Ive seen similar samples but not realized how nice theyd look when a lot was used.

I like your countertop but for my tastes seems to busy / distracting directly besides the checkered tiles. Thinking it wouldnt if as mentioned the marble and tile didnt meet, if there were no backsplash but a gap of solid painted wall to break up checkers of tile, & swirls of marble.

The tile also works really well because while its frames mirror, it also serves as accent wall wind tiles extend fully left to right. Personally I'd have gone solid counter top but colors seem a match so if not too busy for you, enjoy!

o

I would paint at least the area above the mirror, the same shade of dark brown as the cabinet, bringing the heaviness of the bottom, up. (Hanging a long and narrow picture with a heavy dark frame would work also). I might even paint the left and right walls that same dark, but that depends on the rest of the room and how you feel about dark Colors. I would replace the shelf on the wall with something that matches the towel hook and faucet.

o

Love your mosaic mirror. Tried to convince my daughter to use one in her bathroom but we were not confident in our DIY skills. Is yours a plate mirror fixed to the wall that you installed the mosaic on top. Would love it if you would share details on how you made the mirror.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here