Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bathroom mirror problem

Posted by txpeach (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 17, 13 at 20:01

We are in the process of remodeling our early 1980's bathroom. It is very long and both my husband and I each have a 7 foot vanity. They are side by side with a small wall in between the 2 vanities and we each have a ceiling height drawers/cabinets on one end of our vanities.

My problem is the mirrors. Right now we have huge wall to wall to ceiling mirrors. I know these date the room so would like to change them up. My problem is, my husband's vanity has a sink in the center...easy peasy. However my vanity has the sink off to one side so that I have a makeup area at on end (next to the cabinets. I need mirrors over the sink and over the makeup area.

I can't wrap my mind around how I would do these mirrors. My husbands's side could use 1 large mirror centered over his sink. Where I need either 1 large mirror or 2 smaller one, but the one over the make-up area would butt up against the cabinets.

I can attach photos if it would help. I know this can be confusing

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bathroom mirror problem

We had a large mirror like that and had planned on two smaller ones. Then we taped and newspapered the existing mirror to mock up a two mirror plan. We discovered that it you are in there together, you can't talk to each other in the mirror i.e you can't see the other person in your mirror. Another determining factor depends on what is being reflected in the mirror. We wanted to see our new shower. So we ended up with a very large framed mirror. I don't think a whole wall mirror dates a house. If you look thru the houzz.com pics there are a lot of them. The big difference these days is that people have those mirrors custom made with holes thru them to mount beautiful sconces. Something to think about...

-Babka

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here