Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
purrparlor

Dark brown floor tiles - any pictures?

annkathryn
11 years ago

I've looked on Houzz but can't seem to narrow down my search to get what I'm looking for. Does anyone have any pictures of a very dark brown floor tile in their bathroom? I'm considering this one which DH likes but I'm not so sure:

This is our wall tile idea (it doesn't look yellow in real life):

We're also considering a 2-foot waterfall of this tile in the shower:

From Adventures in Remodeling

This is for our master bath which is approx 12x12, has a corner steam shower and a floating vanity in walnut. It will get a fair amount of light during the day.

Comments (12)

• chrisofot
    11 years ago

I put these in my basement, not a bathroom but thought it might help.

Here is a link that might be useful: Wood look tile

• kashmi
    11 years ago

Your green tile is great! Using it as a waterfall in the shower should be stunning. I'll look forward to the finished project.

In the meantime, here are our dark brown floors. In the bathroom itself we used 36x6 sized tiles. On the shower floor, we used 3x3 of the same color/pattern. Like you, we put in a steam shower and the wall tiles are a light beige.

From Bathroom

Our vanity is also darkish -- it's Sapele, not quite as dark as walnut, but dark enough. We like the dark wood and tile. Like you, we get lots of light during the day. We just didn't put in enough lighting for the nighttime, however, especially given the dark painted walls. But that's remediable (is that a word?!).

From Bathroom

Hope these help your decision-making process.

• annkathryn
    Original Author
    11 years ago

thanks for posting your picture, chris - very pretty floor.

kashmi your colors are similar to ours although we'll probably run the floor tile over the shower curb rather than having a different material there. What's that great green color on your walls?

• texanniew
    11 years ago

we just redid our long narrow bath with dark cabinets and dark floor tiles.

• kashmi
    11 years ago

Texanniew: Wow! What a great job. Very rich looking, yet also inviting.

Annkathryn: It's Valspar (Lowe's brand) Dog Park. Love the name!

• texanniew
    11 years ago

Thanks kashmi! here's the before just to show the difference. we are so pleased with how it turned out.

• kashmi
    11 years ago

No wonder you are so pleased with the results. Such a dramatic difference. Looks like you thought about even the little things like moving the location of the TP holder. Does the new mirror run all the way up to the ceiling?

• cubby14
    11 years ago

AnnKathryn, could you tell me what that first brown tile you posted is? It is very much like I've been looking for.

• annkathryn
    Original Author
    11 years ago

cubby14 it's an Italian ceramic tile called "Glamour" in brown.

Here is a link that might be useful: Here's one place that sells it online

• texanniew
    11 years ago

thanks kashmi, yes. we took out the furdown and the mirror goes all the way to the ceiling.

• leela4
    11 years ago

kashmi-Not to hijack, but could you tell me what your sink is made from?
    TIA

• kashmi
    11 years ago

Leela4 - Hi. Sorry this response took so long. We were in rural Maine w/o access to the Net.

The sink is concrete, with fiberglass fibers embedded for strength and stability without it being so heavy. It was made by a local architect. But there are lots of people who make them. Let me know if you have other questions. We're really happy with the look and functionality.