Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Question on Toto toilets

Posted by Fripp_07 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 10, 13 at 19:35

I recently had a Toto Drake II installed by my GC. After awhile, I noticed a strange odor in the WC. I lifted the lid from the tank and the inside of the lid was so wet that water dripped everywhere - - all over the toilet seat and the floor. It was as though water had been splashing up during the fill cycles. I wiped it off and put the lid back on. A week later, I checked it again and the condensate has started to reappear. Is this normal, and does the tank lid need to be removed and wiped down regularly, or is there another problem? Thx.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Question on Toto toilets

Is this a sewer odor? or a mold odor? Was there mold on the tank lid?

I would not think that water on the tank lid would cause odor. I would be inclined to think that you have a leak in the waste pipe. But I am no plumber :)

o
RE: Question on Toto toilets

Thanks Enduring. Its not a sewer odor. More of a musty/mildew smell. And there is no mold on the underside of the tank lid; it just gets wet. The toilet is brand new and is only used by me. There are no men in my household. Never had this issue with my previous toilet which was 16 years old. I will definitely call a plumber.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here