Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
adh673

Bathtub, Faucet and Grout Advice- hodgepodge!

adh673
9 years ago

We are in the final stages of our planning and I am still without a bathtub. Our current tub is a regular 5" tub and I actually like it fine - I take a bath every night after the kids are in bed- but I want one with jets- esp. neck and foot ones. So my questions are:

1. Does anyone have a whirlpool bath they love? I'd like it to be comfortable and not crazy loud though I could put the motor in an adjacent room. Do not want air jets.

2. I am considering taking 4.5 inches of the shower to make the bathtub a 5.5 foot. My husband is ok with this but it would make the shower about 40 inches wide and 36 inches out. My husband is 6'7" so he is a big guy- am I making this too small on him? I don't know if I need the extra 5 inches in the tub or not- I am 5'7". The new shower would be 40 by 36 in this model, vs. 46 by 36.

3. I'm looking for some recommendations on one handed faucets in a brushed stainless or brushed nickel. Traditional styling. Anyone have ones they really like?

4. I think we have decided to go with a regular shower head (fixed) then one of the bars where the hand held slides up and down. Recommendations on these- brand wise?

5. For tile we are doing a porcelain wood look floor, a marble wall tile with a mother of pearl inset and a cut quartz rock shower floor. I am confused on grout. The wood look floors will be dark grout so I guess regular grout would be fine. But the marble- I really don't want mildew or discoloring because I understand marble is a pita and you can't blast it with bleach like i normally wood. I know i should get ceramic tile but I just love the organic energy from the natural stone in this instance. Anyway- I also read that epoxy is not good with marble because it scratches it. What is everyone else using with their marble? Finally the quartz on the shower floor, its this translucent creams with slight beach-glass tones to it and I was considering mixing in a pearl additive (like Dazzle) to make the grout slightly iridescent to highlight the glow of the quartz. Am I crazy? I have never actually seen this done.

All advice greatly appreciated!

Comments (4)