Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Shower door with filler panel - which side to place the door ?

Posted by destruct05 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 30, 14 at 18:53

I am going to get a shower door with a filler panel for a 40" opening.
I am not sure where to place the door. On the faucet side - or on the opposite side. Looking at pictures online I see both options.
What are some pros/cons for either side?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Shower door with filler panel - which side to place the door

On the side you get in.

o

Pick a side that works for you. The important thing is to be able to reach the valve that turns on the water w/o getting wet while it warms up.

-Babka

o

we have the door by the controls to the shower, which are opposite to the main head. makes it easy to turn it on and then go in without having to duck water. i know getting wet is the whole point of a shower, but i want to get dunked when i'm ready, not when i first walk in.

o

Our opens on the right side which is more open to the bathroom. Right side also happens to be the faucet side. If it opened to the left side you would have to open the door quite wide so you wouldn't walk into the vanity.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here