Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to restore brushed nickel finish

Posted by hostapasta (jmarchese5@rochester.rr.com) on
Tue, Jul 16, 13 at 18:11

I need help! I used a rust remover product on a piece of clothing and I had the piece of clothing draped over a brushed nickel faucet. I took the piece of clothing off & saw that I ruined the finish on the faucet! How can I restore the finish?

Rust is a problem in our house - we have a well.

Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to restore brushed nickel finish

First you need to know if it is a PVD or a "living finish". But anyway you look at it your more than likely out of luck and the finish is ruined.

o

Replace it. It's ruined.

o

I think you will need to replace it. I got rust on the drain round piece of my sink in my bathroom and it spread terribly. I think rust must be something that is living and spreads and is difficult to remove. I have to now remove parts of the sink and most likely replace the sink. The faucet was newly installed in 2006 and I told the plumber to replace all sinks but he felt the sink was in good shape n my Master Bathroom and said that I would have to replace both sinks to have the sinks match and he felt the rust would not spread as it was tiny then and now has permeated and has damaged the sink. I should have made him remove it then as it is costly to keep paying for plumbers to visit.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here