Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quick vote please: Drop-in sink or undermount w Carrera Marble?

Posted by beeps (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 4, 12 at 17:04

Need to quickly decide whether to use drop-in sinks or undermounts in the bathrooms. Vanity tops will be Carrera Marble. House will be done with a contemporary vibe.

Possible drop-in:

Possible undermount:

So, which style would look better in a contemporary house with carrera marble vanity tops? Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quick vote please: Drop-in sink or undermount w Carrera Marbl

Contemporary or not, I don't like the drop-in look, especially with a marble top. I think it looks clunky. Definitely undermount! Unless you were going to go with a different kind of contemporary sink, where the entire basin sits on top of the counter. See link below for one example of this.

Here is a link that might be useful: counter-top basin

o

I think you hit on what I'm afraid of - that the drop-in would look too clunky and something more sleek will fit the home better. The counter-tops I wouldn't mind, I'm tall so even with the executive height counters it would be ok. But, I just know I'd chip the sink somehow. Didn't think I would with the drop-in since they aren't as high. Guess I'd better be safe and go with the undermount. So much easier to clean the counters and such too. Thx.

o

Agree!
Thanks for posting with pictures as BR is next on the agenda!

o

Def undermount. Looks better and like you said, much easier to clean!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here