Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
anyone has Clarvista glass shower door?

Posted by ikea_gw (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 19, 13 at 16:17

The shower door company is recommending this for us. Anyone heard of it or has their glass door? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: anyone has Clarvista glass shower door?

Very similar to Showerguard by Guardian except Claravista is made by PPG.

o

I used a product called Clean Shower and I don't squeegee, and I clean my shower maybe once a year. No mold, no mildew, no hard water deposits. It works for me. Spray and don't rinse. If you'd like you can Google it and read about how it works, and how the guy invented it. I've used it for about 10 years, with no hard water marks on my glass or ceramic tiles. Not for use on natural stone, but I can attest that it works for ceramic or porcelain). I realize that I sound like a commercial but I've been here on GW for a long time, and that is not my intent. This stuff works. There will be a film it leaves on the glass so it will not be crystal clear, but the water sheets off, and the shower dries quickly. Perhaps someone will give me a reason NOT to like it. It prevents the hard water from leaving deposits, and we have hard water.
It is safe to use on treated surfaces. I made sure of that before our new shower was installed with Cardinal glass. It has Cardinal 10 protectant, (because that is what the designer spec'd) but it worked very well on our old 15 yr old un-protected framed glass. It also kept mildew from forming on the unsealed grout.

I am married to a Marine (grunt) who doesn't squeegee or wipe after using the shower. This works for me.

-Babka

o

I've been using windex and paper towels to clean my clarvista glass and now i am seeing/feeling what is probably lint from the paper towel. I recently read the instructions and while they say to use a microfiber pad or damp cloth, they don't expressedly prohibit paper towels. Also, when the installer had to return because couldn't remove a smear (he says the smear is common until the film settles on the glass), he used a paper towel and windex to clean the glass! I am sick over this b/c I don't think my installer will replace this glass and it was expensive! Any body have experience using paper towels with this product?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here