Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kgnickl

Bathroom wall color to make shower look more white?

kgnickl
11 years ago

So I purchased a cultured marble shower base and walls that are white on white. The sample looked looked pretty white when I held it in the bathroom but when the entire thing was done and installed it doesn't look as white as I hoped. I compared the sample to the completed shower and its about a 95% match (slight batch by batch variance, but you can tell its the same mix/color). I think it was just the small sample compared to an entire shower playing tricks on my eyes as well as the white primer on the wall right now.

So my question is what colors will make the cultured marble look more white? Which will make it look less white? Etc.... I was thinking of going with a smokey blue/gray color or a smokey purple/gray color? But want to make sure I pick a color that will make the shower look more white once painted vs. more creme. Hoping someone who knows about colors can help me out and let me know what they think? What are my best colors? What colors should I avoid? Also, it needs to be a color that will work w/ brown vanity w/ a blue perl top and white sink basin.

Comments (2)