Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
framing bathroom mirror question

Posted by shannon01 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 6, 13 at 16:06

I searched but did not come up with any prior posts.

I want to frame my bathroom mirror. There are two ways to do it. Miter the molding or use square decorative blocks and butt trim up to them, no mitering.

The mirror sits flush on top of backsplash, with silver trim that covers the mirror edge where it sits on backsplash. This causes a high spot on the lower edge where molding will sit.

How does one frame a mirror set up like this?? I have looked at some tutorials but they are for mirrors where there is space between bottom of mirror and backsplash.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: framing bathroom mirror question

You could rout out that lower edge on the inside of the frame if you have the tools, or could take it to a frame shop. OR...

We had a similar situation with a mirror sitting in a metal channel. Ours had mirror clips on the sides and top. You might try this. Glue thin furring strips around the edges of your mirror to even things out. The sides and top strips will be thicker than the bottom strip. The bottom edge of your frame can be glued to the mirror. You will end up with a narrow space between the new frame and the mirror which can be caulked. This only works if you don't view the mirror from the side.

-Babka

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here