Houzz Logo Print
loves2read

Style of drawers w/cottage door fronts

loves2read
9 years ago

We are getting bids on having master bath redone--
have had 3 contractors out and gotten "interested" response from only 1---
have met w/that guy's cabinet designer twice --
they use MidContinent cabinetry it seems and I have read +/- here and on other sites...this company has many positive reviews on Angie's List which I can't believe are all planted and there were no complaints about cabinets...
of course we will go out to see their jobs if we take their bid...
just haven't gotten any response really from other guys...which seems the norm for this part of Florida from other stuff we have had done...

the style we like is Cottage -- which has Beadboard fronts...normally flat drawer fronts...
we first thought we would get beadboard drawer fronts as well but it looked mega busy to me since the drawer stacks have smaller fronts --

so now after CAD guy has been to house and made sure of space/measurements he is mocking up a more refined schema and will use a 5 pc drawer front--like a Shaker design...
My husband still thinks the cottage drawers would be ok but to me just too busy--

Any comments??
-I have Googled for photos of kitchens and baths w/the cottage drawers or the 5 pc--
most of the time looks like they are using the flat front/solid drawer front...
which is less expensive I guess...
this image shows a vanity w/doors and no drawer stack and a free standing cabinet---not the best image since they aren't really installed--just examples

Here is a link that might be useful: w/cottage drawer front and solid

Comments (5)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH