Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Would this 21" vanity light work with these smaller vanities?

Posted by Jaynes123 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 22, 14 at 15:10

Bought a 2bulb vanity light which i really like for 2 bath, 1 powder rooms but i like 3bulb light even more and dont want to move on from 3bulb until Im certain it wont work. .

Rooms pictures are drawn to scale . I purposely picked smaller 24" and 30" vanities for baths for more spacious but for powder room fell in love with a 42" one. Intend to keep rooms simple with a large framed print..
 photo BATHGUEST2_zpse40ce40d.jpg

Do NOT want a mirror across vanity wall widthes even if that would make 3bulb be more to scale and work, wouldnt be worth it..

Would 3 blub light work in these rooms?
For smallest brown 24"W vanity, would switching 18" vanity mirror to a 24"W one make enough difference to matter?
Thanks for your thoughts!
 photo vanitylight_zps20fb3101.jpg

Both have same size wall plate I estimate as 7" left to right with glass shades 14" across on 2bubl, 21"width on 3bul

We bought 2 bulb lights for all three rooms but wonder if the 3 bulb lights, which I like even more, could still work too seeming noticeably too large. What do you think?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Would this 21" vanity light work with these smaller vanities

I like the 18" mirror with the 24" vanity in your drawing, I think the scale is pleasing. The mirror in the guest bath almost looks too big when I compare with the hall bath.

Lights - can you buy a 2light for the hall and the 3light fixtures for the other two bathrooms? If you wanted the 3light for the hall bath, I would probably get the 24" mirror.

Have you tried drawing a light fixture to scale above these mirrors to help with your decision? You could print your drawings out and draw on the paper how they would look if you can't find a way to do it in the drawing program.

In your powder room drawing, the mirror is not centered over the vanity. Is this intentional? If so, why?

o

Enduring.
I changed the photo.
 photo BATHGUEST2mirror_zpsb27f7457.jpg

Only mirror we have is brown one, which was made for the vainity. (Lowes Moravia) I arched top to match actual..

Other mirrors were estimates. On update, I adjusted powder mirror to match mirror size they sell for this vanity. Did similar with guest bath mirror.

I was going for something like below but need to rethink the mirrors wide as vanities vs not as I see waht your saying about proportion. .

photo bigbathmirror_zps24256170.png

o

The 2light looks too small for the powder and the guest bath. The hall bath, I'm not keen of either at this time. what about sconces there. But I think that if I had to choose between the 2 or 3 light, i like the 3 light better (I think). The drawings really help me.

o

I like the 3 light on all but the hall bath - I don't think the light really looks right (2 or 3 light) with the arched mirror. Like enduring suggested, sconces might look better, or a fixture with an arch...more like this

Here is a link that might be useful: Kichler

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here