Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amykath

Photos of our new bathroom

amykath
16 years ago

Our bath is finished. It is funny as I posted questions well over a year ago about what to use for my vanity base.

I thought I would share some photos.

The granite is autumn frost (looks like delicatus) and the floor is travertine. The tile is the bath are polished botticino marble in 12X6. My dh cut them down from 12X12 and even beveled the edges!

{{gwi:1461742}}

{{gwi:1461743}}

{{gwi:1461744}}

{{gwi:1461745}}

Comments (24)

• sedeno77
    16 years ago

That looks so pretty.

• mahatmacat1
    16 years ago

aktillery, did you use a modified buffet for your vanity? Even if it's a new piece, it looks *fabulous* and you all did a GREAT job with the bath! Might it be possible to get some pics without the orangey-overtones so we could see how the colors work together? The textures look like they work together beautifully too. Congrats to your DH for his beautiful work on the marble! That deserves a closeup in itself...:)

• amykath
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks!!!

The vanity is an old sideboard that I bought from an antique store. My dh removed the wood top and altered the drawers to fit the sink.

I will take some more true color pics and post them.

• scottmel
    16 years ago

Love your bathroom!! I am re-doing my master and purchased a smiliar shower head to what you have ( my is called a Rain Pan). Trouble is my pressure seems SO low with it, my shower ends up resembling a hose! Is there something I did or did not do to have it work correctly? Do you have good water pressure in your house or kind of weak? thank you!

• kitchenkelly
    16 years ago

Wow, that is really nice. I love the sconces (along with everything else.) You must be so happy every time you walk in there.

• amykath
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Here are some brighter and clearer shots.

{{gwi:1461746}}

{{gwi:1461747}}

{{gwi:1461748}}

I have yet to shower in there. I will let you know though! I hope it has some water pressure!

• christineny
    16 years ago

aktillery - Your bathroom is stunning! I just love the entire thing! What tub do you have? Also do you mind sharing what faucet it is? Great job!!

• melisande
    16 years ago

Lovely. One of the best remodels I've seen. Very inspirational - we have the same size space, it's not easy to do what you've done. Lots to think about - the shower curtain is perfect.

• amykath
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks!!!

Our tub is a Kohler and the faucet is Fontaine. I got it from overstock... you know .com. I cannot write that out or the site will get mad at me. haha

The faucet was only 99.00 and you can still purchase it online now.

The rennovation was around 3k. My husband did most of the work so that saved us in labor. It just took FOREVER to complete. We still have to replace the doors and do a few other finished things.

• sarahandbray
    16 years ago

Absolutely love it! What a great renovation...if only I could find as nice a sideboard to use for our reno...I'm keeping my eyes open!
    -Sarah

• monicakm_gw
    16 years ago

aktillery, LOVE it! So similar to what I'm doing. Very nicely done :) I love your granite. I'm using Giallo Ornamental but will have look for "autumn frost". I can only see the top group of pictures and your granite looks like it has the colors of the GO but more movement and that's what I'd like to find. Congratulations!
    Monica

• brutuses
    16 years ago

Absolutely beautiful. I'm looking for a piece like you found for your vanity. Love, love, love that one!!

• pharaoh
    16 years ago

Beautiful bathroom! Really nice job. very elegant. great idea about the 6x12 marble...

• lainie55
    16 years ago

I agree--it is beautiful! Thought you'd enjoy knowing that hubby and I just stayed at a really nice hotel in NYC ("the Wall Street Inn") for one night and the bathroom walls were done in the exact marble and 6 x 12 brick style, with the molding up at ceiling, etc.

Which Botticino did you use? (I think there are a few variations). And which travertine for the floors? (photos didn't really show).

Lainie

• amykath
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks guys!

The travertine I believe was either natural beige or natural beige light? I cannot remember. We got it at Floor and Decor. In the end we probably used all different types becuase we used it in the kitchen and bath and dining etc throughout most of the bottom floor. We had it delivered and we got a huge mix. I know they threw in some Noce. So, it is hard to say for sure. We just sort of hand picked the ones we liked. Our garage looked like a tile store for quite a while!

Here is a better link to the photos of the bath. I think if you go back to all my albums you can see the kitchen too and there you can see the floor better.

Thanks again for such nice compliments!

Here is a link that might be useful: Bathroom

• organic_donna
    16 years ago

WOW, WOW, WOW...that is one killer looking bathroom. I love it.
    Donna

• amykath
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I forgot to mention that we got the marble at Home Depot. It did not specify which variety of botticino it was. We had to open boxes and sort through them to find the exact times we liked.

• jgirl_2007
    16 years ago

What a beautiful bathroom! Love the vanity and the sconces. Please tell where you found them.

• amykath
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I got the sconces at Home Depot and the vanity at an antique store for 500.00. You just have to look at those flea markets and antique stores. There are SO many possibilities for vanities!

• amykath
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I just realized after reading another post that our tub is the Kohler devonshire. It does not have any jets. Just a plain tub.

• blondiel
    16 years ago

Beautiful!! I like the way everything looks. Really nice job.

• johnmari
    16 years ago

I dig the vanity too. :-)

• dontcallmeshirley
    16 years ago

aktillery, Lovely bathroom! The vanity adds so much charm. I found the same console for sale in a local conseignment shop. It would sure be a simple install but I'm afraid I would miss having drawers. Is this your master bath? Does the console satisfy your storage needs? I like rectangular sinks. Which one did you use?

• cran
    16 years ago

Your bathroom is really lovely. I did a similar thing with my vanity, bought a buffet at an auction and had it install, I can use all my drawers but 2...This was done 23 yrs ago!

obucket.com" target="_blank">