Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
homeinprogressfl

Ikea Lillangen - can it be used as vessel sink?

homeinprogressFL
9 years ago

Hi,
We are redo-ing our children's bathroom & purchased an Ikea Lillangen (the small one - 15x16) for their bathroom sink. We kept our existing cabinet & will be using the butcher block for the counter top.

It is our intent to use the Ikea Lillangen as an above counter, vessel-type sink. But...the bottom of the sink is not level. There is a chunk (roughly 1/4 inch difference) out of the right side bottom so that it would not sit level. It will be the side visible from the toilet, so not really an option to caulk it. This is not a chip or a defect in the glazed porcelain - rather it appears that when the sink was still in clay formation, that someone shaved off a part of the bottom. I am wondering if I just got unlucky & mine is flawed, or if they are all like this.

Before I make the trek down to exchange it...has anyone else use the sink in this way (on top of a standard counter)? If so, did you have the same issue & if so, how did you correct it?

If anyone has indeed used the sink as a vessel-type, did you just use silicone caulking to seal it?

Are there drainage issues since it is a flat bottom?

Thank you!

Comments (4)