Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sbollag

Mr. Steam Questions

sbollag
9 years ago

First off, would be very interested in hearing from folks who have Mr. Steam - are you happy with it? It seems like this is what we are going to go with for our sure, as Thermasol is just prohibitively expensive, and Mr. Steam seems to have the best reputation after it.

Now as for the nitty gritty, trying to decide what control package to get. One of the plumbing supply places was of course trying to sell me on the control packages, insisting that I need all of it, but I really am just not convinced that I need the remote control. The thing heats up in 60 seconds, right? I really think I can wait 60 seconds for it to heat up, not sure that I need to be able to turn it on remotely, and if I can save a couple hundred bucks there, great.

But now, perhaps even more importantly, the dilemma is which control to get exactly. The iTempo seems fine to me, doesn't really seem like I need anything more than that (the iTempo Plus is nice because it has the time, but the presets are fairly useless to us, so don't think it's worth a couple hundred extra dollars just for the clock). Plus, the lady hates touch screens, so that mitigates against the iSteam anyway, but if people absolutely love it, think it's worth the extra money, I'd definitely be interested in hearing about it. We won't be putting any other fancy things, like chromotherapy, aromatherapy, built in sound system, etc., so all those features would be fairly wasted on us.

Thanks so much for any thoughts!

Comment (1)