Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Here are my towel hooks I came up with

Posted by dbfirewife (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 29, 13 at 14:09

I was searching for something unique to make a towel hook holder with.. got up in the attic searching thru my misc antique items I have. Found this... It is the bottom part of a mirror frame that was on my G-Grandma's dresser, the top part of the frame was broken off. I painted two coats of a creamy white then just rubbed the edges off. I am more then happy with the way it turned out and the hooks are working out just great. The towels are drying just fine. The wall color is not showing up true in this photo. The walls are a thin coat of venetian plaster in a light gold, then I went back and dry brushed a darker gold on here and there, then scrubbed it in with a towel. I found the hooks at Home Depot, they are or look like brushed stainless.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Here are my towel hooks I came up with

great solution, looks great and I love that it has a personal connection for you!! Terrific job.

o

Great idea! I would love to see the rest of your bathroom!

o

Nice job. I love it!

o

The rack looks great and I bet the towels dry well since they are father away from the wall on the hooks

o

Well.. Thank you!... Here is another shot of the bathroom... this wall is before the mural.....

o

Here it is with the mural I painted.....

o

Takes me to a different world! Very beautifully done. Oh, and you have done a terrific job with the towel hooks, great solution.

o

Wow...love the towel hook idea. And the mural is just beautiful! What a relaxing space you have!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here