Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Am I out of my mind - tub filler question??

Posted by Lbrook (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 8, 12 at 14:05

We are about to start our master bath renovation. I selected a freestanding tub of a modern shape and I would really like to use a wall mounted tub filler. I have my heart set on a wall mount because the tub sits under a window and we plan to create an extended windowsill with a bump out to be used as a shelf alongside the tub. Would like to mount the faucet on the bumped out section of the wall.

Problems seem to be: (1) very few options for tub spouts without the diverter; (2) most wall mounted spouts are on the shorter side; (3) for some of the longest, non-diverter spouts I've found (Grohe's Talia spout, for instance, comes in 10" length) - no wall-mounted handles are available.

So far, the best option I have is the Kohler Alteo which has a 7.5 inch reach. Opinions on whether that would be long enough to "reach" the tub (just 1" thick tub wall)?

Has anyone performed a similar install - wall mounted filler to freestanding tub -- would love to know what brand you used.

Thanks in advance for your time - I've spent the last 2 hrs on a wild goose (google) chase!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Am I out of my mind - tub filler question??

I believe this one from Danze's Parma collection has a 10" spout.

o
Oops

You might need to check if that one has the flow rate needed for a tub. I thought it was for a tub, but the Danze site is not currently working, so I can't check the specs.

o

You might also want to consider deck-mounted sets mounted on the window ledge if the height is compatible. I'm planning something similar for my (will it ever happen?) master, and will watch this thread with interest.

o

If you go to faucetdirect.com you can do a search for tub fillers and sort by all kinds of criteria, including "wall mounted" and "spout reach." There are quite a few with long reach, though many are more traditionally styled so I don't know if you'd like them based on the models you mentioned.

Also, I searched for the Grohe Talia line and there appear to be handles available that could be either deck or wall mounted.

(this is the second or third time I've mentioned build.com websites on these forums in a couple of days - I'm not affiliated, I've just had good experiences with them, and I'm sure there are other websites that allow you to do similar searches)

Here is a link that might be useful: Talia Handles

o

Another source for ideas is Houzz. I just went to the site's bathroom section and put "wall mount tub faucet" in the search box at the top. The result was many, many pictures, both contemporary and traditional, of wall-mount tub fillers, most without a diverter. While the fixture manufacturer is not always identified, it often is. You'll see that many have a narrow section built out from a wall (and often under a window) to mount the faucet. Talk with your plumber about what if doable.

You can also select "Products" instead of "photos" in the drop-down section to the right of the search box. That will give you some more examples (though many will be for sinks rather than tubs).

Here is one example.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here