Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lbrook_gw

Am I out of my mind - tub filler question??

Lbrook
11 years ago

We are about to start our master bath renovation. I selected a freestanding tub of a modern shape and I would really like to use a wall mounted tub filler. I have my heart set on a wall mount because the tub sits under a window and we plan to create an extended windowsill with a bump out to be used as a shelf alongside the tub. Would like to mount the faucet on the bumped out section of the wall.

Problems seem to be: (1) very few options for tub spouts without the diverter; (2) most wall mounted spouts are on the shorter side; (3) for some of the longest, non-diverter spouts I've found (Grohe's Talia spout, for instance, comes in 10" length) - no wall-mounted handles are available.

So far, the best option I have is the Kohler Alteo which has a 7.5 inch reach. Opinions on whether that would be long enough to "reach" the tub (just 1" thick tub wall)?

Has anyone performed a similar install - wall mounted filler to freestanding tub -- would love to know what brand you used.

Thanks in advance for your time - I've spent the last 2 hrs on a wild goose (google) chase!!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County