Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Deep Soaking Tub Recommendations

Posted by laurencane (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 11, 12 at 13:08

I'm looking for an affordable deep soaking tub. I think I'm leaning toward something with clean lines but I'm open to different looks at this point. It could be a stand alone, alcove, drop-in or undermount as I'm open to changing my layout a bit to accomodate the perfect tub.

The front-runner right now is the Mirabelle Edenton, but I was wondering if this tub is deep enough (obviously a subjective question for me to answer). Any recommendations for deep soaking tubs?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Deep Soaking Tub Recommendations

You might want to look into the Jason International AE553. Due to the shape of the back slope, it is pretty deep.

o

We considered the Kohler "tea for two" (there is another model too with a more normal drain). I thought it was too deep at 24 inches. Sort of hard to get in and out of, but comfy when in. However, the big drawback was that the bottom had this sandpaper like stuff that I probably would never enjoy sitting upon! I understand they needed to add slip resistance to the cast iron tub, but yuck. We ended up getting the Edenton. My friend gave me great advice about deep tubs: Be Sure Not To Get It Too Long! She has a 22 inch deep Italian tub which is lovely, but it is 6 feet (or 6 feet plus?) long. She says because she can't prop her feet on anything she feels like she drowns in it. Her tub is only good when shared, so perhaps that may be a plus :)

o

The important measurement for soaking tub is Depth(or Height) to Overflow. That's how high the water will actually come up from the bottom of the tub. I've only researched three wall alcove tubs, and the Mirabelle Edenton is the best one I found at 18 1/6."

The Mirabelle Bradentown and Provincetown are OK too at 17 1/2", with the Bradentown having the cleaner lines of the two. If I go with an air tub I will have to get the Bradentown since the Edenton does not have an access panel.

o

>She says because she can't prop her feet on anything she feels like she drowns in it.

I know just what she means. A couple of years ago I had a chance to try one of those extra long tubs and it was no good at all for lolling, at least not for only one person.

o

I really like the look and comfort of my Hydro Systems The Lacey. It has very clean lines.

o

love the leland and Collette tubs here:

http://www.signaturehardware.com/class123

o

I love our Jason Internatinal Carrera Oval. The list price is high, but like a lot of items, they seem to be discounted. We installed it without the overflow, so it holds 22" of water. I was looking for a tub that would allow for water up over my shoulders - and finally found it!

I also find it easy to step in and out since it is free standing. Previously we had a more shallow tub with a narrow deck surround. That was much more difficult to get in and out of.

From Bathroom

Had we not wanted a free-standing model, I'd have looked more seriously at the Kohler Underscore Cube. The literature claims a soaking depth of 27.5". It is 48" square. There are other tubs in the Underscore series; I don't know if they are as deep. Worth checking out, though.

o

DD2 is redoing her MB and purchased the Evolution with Everclean by American Standard. The 2422 model is deep. Has a nice slope for relaxing and built in arm rest that are not big.

In our MB, we have the Ann Soak's Onzen (now called Deep Soak, I believe) tub. It's 48" square and deep. It comes with or without jets. We have them.

o

We have the Kohler Greek. It is 32 x 48 with a straight back. It is very deep. Great tub.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here