Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dark or light color vanity?

Posted by ikea_gw (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 14, 13 at 13:08

Originally we were getting the Fresca vanity in gray oak (http://www.frescabath.com/product_p/fvn8140go.htm). But after the tiles are in I am having second thoughts because of all the muted coolish tone of the room. Now I am thinking I should go for the darker brown color with the same vanity (http://www.frescabath.com/product_p/fvn8140wg.htm). My thought is the brown color will bring some warmth to the room.

What do you guys think?? We haven't picked a wall color yet so any suggestion on that will also be nice.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dark or light color vanity?

Personally I prefer the lighter one. You have a fairly dark floor and I think that the contrast of the lighter vanity on it would look the best. I took the opposite approach with a light floor and a darker vanity. You don't want to all blend together.

o

That was my thought initally too that I want to have something dark to contrast the floor. But the gray oak color seems too cold for the overall tone of the room. I hate making all these hard decisions.

o

Maybe a pale wood like birch would work. Warm it up just enough. This not quite pale enough but is close. Found this on the Bertch website. They have a ton of options.

photo image_zpsda8f301a.jpg

o

I recommend the gray oak - think it will be beautiful. Dark oak - won't provide the 'spa' experience' IMO.

Maybe I am biased because I think it is quite a bit like my vanity which is 'white stained' oak from Ikea and a taupe floor. We LOVE it. I did get a stilestone countertop called 'limestone' that had a touch of beige but would have still loved it if it were white or gray.

We did change the LED can light bulbs to 'warm color' and that made quite a difference in warmth but we were almost as happy with the LED cool lights.

Here is a link that might be useful: more complete view of our hall bath remodel

o

I like the idea of the cool tones - I would not fight it.

o

I like the dark one you originally picked. Love it. Where are you purchasing? I may buy it too! Thank you.

o

lajoanna, vanity is made by fresca (allier model) and I am getting it through faucetdirect.com. Make sure you call them before you order though as the online stock information is not always accurate. Lots of other places including home depot also carry this model.

o

Definitely the first one, if it's between those two.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here