Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My arms are tired and my hands hurt...

Posted by barbcollins (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 14, 12 at 12:49

May arms are tired and my hands hurt but the grouting is done!

For all of you who don't DIY, next time please tip your tile man generously. He really deserves it. They make it look a lot easier than it is.

2012-07-14 12.39.14

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My arms are tired and my hands hurt...

We want more pictures! And a close up of your crown molding too!

Very nice layout. Looking forward to seeing the fixtures in place and all finished up.

o

Nice job!

o

So I am hoping to get by BB&B today or tomorrow to get a shower curtain, bathmat etc.

Walls are painted with S/W Grassland which is a muted green.
Vanity & top will be white.

Would you look for something with green in it or stick to the tans/browns?

Or go with something that contrasts like navy blue?

o

Nice work!! Wanna job? :-)

o

Thanks Bill, but I doubt you would like my work ethic. Do you allow nap times :)

I swear I don't know how you do this all the time. It sure looks easier than it is. I spend hours on it and after having just gotten up a couple rows, I stand back and say "What in the heck took you so long!" And I am serious when I when I said my arms were sore. I kept thinking about Karate Kid... "Wax on, Wax off".

Thanks for not picking on my for the crooked tiles. Can you see them? The mosaics to the right of the soap dish had slid down to the right and I did not notice until the next day. Grout hides a lot of sins huh?

I asked my husband to get me a new blade for my tile saw the next time he was at Harbor Freight. He asked why. I said, this one is about done. No rush. I just will need one before the next project.

He said "WHAT NEXT PROJECT!!!".

Yeah, like there's not going to be a "next project". He's dreaming!

o

Your project came out looking sweet!

As you said in the OP, yep, we make it look "Easy" but after having done this for.....well, too many years than I want to admit to, all I can say is that you gotta love the work. Try grouting 600-700 sq ft of floor tile in a day.....alone!

At least I don't have to work out at a gym! Guess this is what gives me my "Girlish" figure!!!! LOL....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here