Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Interior width of Toto Cast Iron Tubs?????

Posted by Ranton (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 17, 14 at 12:37

After searching for over an hour, I am hoping someone can help with this information.

What are the basin bottom widths for the Toto (60 inches long) 1515 and 1525? The 1715 is longer; can I assume the same basin bottom width as a 60 inch tub?

Seriously, the Toto website is worthless for finding dimension other than overall length and width for individual tub models! I could only find more measurements from online sellers, and no site had the width of basins at the bottom.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Interior width of Toto Cast Iron Tubs?????

National Builder Supply always has this info on the spec sheets for the different tubs, I have checked this myself many times, but tonight all I am getting is "bad gateway".

I know they will be happy to give you this info if you call them.

Here is a link that might be useful: NBS link

o

Thank you for the link.

I am not sure if I read the spec sheet correctly since people rave about the width of their Toto cast iron tubs. The diagram shows 16.75 inches??? That does not seem "wide" considering Kohler lists basin base widths from 18-22.5 inches.

Big sigh,,,I want a less than 17 inch high (prefer 15-16 inches for in/out safety) flanged alcove cast iron tub with a wide basin at the base and good floor space that is a pleasure to soak AND shower in.

o

We have two 1525's and we find them plenty comfortable for showering and for occasional soaks in the tub as well. Yes, it would be nice to have longer tubs, but our bathrooms aren't large enough, so the 1525's work well given our space.

o

cat_mom:

Thanks for the info on Toto use...do you think the widest part of the basin base is really 16.75 inches?????

o

Oh gosh, just saw your question.

Haven't measured it, I can tomorrow if I remember! I will say that the width seems decent. After showering in my parents' uber-narrow guest bathroom tub for the better part of a week a couple of weeks ago, our tubs seem downright spacious!!!!

The only thing I'd really prefer, is a longer tub, but couldn't have one in either bathroom.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here