Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help find American Standard Sink: NJ/NY/DE/MD/VA

Posted by s8thrd (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 22, 13 at 12:27

A strange request: We think that the American Standard Retrospect sink (and washstand) will work best in our bathroom (we have specific space needs, as well as stylistic), but my wife won't buy it sight unseen. We are in north/central NJ, and, amazingly, have so far been unable to find it on display anywhere in the area. I inquired with AS and they were of no help.

We will shortly be traveling down to VA for a few days. So if anyone happens to know of a store that has this on display in NJ, NYC, DE, MD, or VA, please let me know! (We will be satisfied if we can just see the sink, not the washstand.)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help find American Standard Sink: NJ/NY/DE/MD/VA

I'm not sure if you'll be able to find it in a store, but why not just buy it if you think there's a decent chance you will like it?

HD has it for $176 shipped, and if you end up not liking it you can return it to any HD near you no problem.

o

We have this sink with the fireclay pedestal base and I LOVE it. The deck is large enough for me to have my hair brush, hair dryer, makeup case, etc. on it without them falling off. We really needed to maximize space and went with a pedestal over a vanity, and the design of this sink gives us almost as much space as we had on our old vanity top.

I don't know if you are near a Lowe's that carries it, but that's where we purchased ours and it was always on display. They do not carry the iron base, but do have the top (and the fireclay base). We actually purchased both pieces together for about $150! I hope you can find one to see in person - it's a great sink!

o

Thanks for the responses!

We actually found it yesterday, almost an hour away, but I'm glad we made the trip, because we decided not to get it! We like its apperance and the overall size/shape (we also have a space problem). But my wife didn't like the small bowl (she sometimes rinses out things in the bathroom sink, and we're currently spoiled with a big one), and we didn't like the way it seems to create a crevice in the back between the edging-hump and the wall. We have kids and could just see water accumulating there and mold building up.

(We did check Lowes; they didn't have it. But thanks.)

We seem to have settled on an obscure brand pedestal through a local seller, although it crowds the space a bit more.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here