Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Has anyone used an Onyx shower stall?

Posted by elisabeth_pinelake (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 9, 14 at 12:11

I want a shower with a very low profile curb in my bathroom, and I don't want grout. Onyx Collection has the closest to what I want in a large variety of colors and sizes. I would like to hear if anyone has experience with their products. They also have a small tile-look ramp that supposedly makes this a curbless shower (which is what I really wanted, and I could still have someone build a tiled shower I suppose).
Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Has anyone used an Onyx shower stall?

I used an Onyx shower base in our last house. It was dang heavy, but it went in well, worked fine, and was easy to keep clean.

o

Onyx is the only way to go if you want a minimal step or curb, easy maintenance, and easy installation. Proudly made in the good ole U S of A! Check out the product and installation tips at http://www.diy-showers.com/

Here is a link that might be useful: DIY SHOWERS

o

I'm so sick of bathroomdesignboy and his spamming for his business. I wish somehow he could be banned from this site.

Anyway, I am nearing the point that I will be ordering our onyx shower base. That is one of the only few options we had since it is a custom size and I too hate tile and grout on a shower floor. We should be ordering it in about 2 weeks and the lead time we were told is 3 weeks so maybe I will have an answer for you in about 6 weeks.

o

@dmsohio Here is a link on how you install the base after you get it. Also some tips on how to install the shower drain.

Here is a link that might be useful: Onyx shower base installation

o

Thank you!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here