Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Glass shower - pony wall issue

Posted by nineteenoeight (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 4, 12 at 12:11

Hi, the glass shower subcontractor cut a notch into the limestone top of our shower pony wall rather than cut the glass to fit around the limestone. Is this usual? He said they couldn't notch the glass at the place where it would curve around the pony wall.
I'm sad that my limestone was notched, and wondering if this is something I should insist gets replaced now, and the glass done differently. Or maybe this is always how they get the glass to wrap around pony walls?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Glass shower - pony wall issue

Gonna be pretty hard to cut the glass. The only option I see is to cut the tile to fit. Sad, because proper planning would have avoided this....but, it is what it is.....

o

You don't cut tempered glass. You measure for it to fit right in the first place. Was it ordered "based on a plan" before the tile went in or did the glass installers wait until after the tile installation to measure as should have happened?

o

Here's my pony wall...glass curve cut around it.

Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here