Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ambella vanity

Posted by MissBuggus (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 15, 14 at 12:01

New member here. :)

I have been searching for an antique looking vanity for my bathroom. I don't want an actual antique because I don't want anything that moisture will ruin. So, I have been checking places like Signature Hardware, Horchow, etc. I located a piece by a company named Ambella. It looks nice but I wonder about the quality. I have never heard of them. Does anyone have any experience with Ambella products that they would care to share?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ambella vanity

dup deleted

This post was edited by mdln on Mon, Jul 21, 14 at 23:06

o

Have you seen it live vs catalog?

Recently looked at, what seems like a million, vanities. Saw some Abella's in showrooms, if I could have found one to fit my space I would have bought one.

Would consider it a mid-range cabinet. Better than ones in big-box stores, but there certainly are more high-end ones.

Did you check out Home Decorators? They are a Home Depot company with higher quality products. I bought one of mine from them.

Here is a link that might be useful: Home Decorators

o

Thank you for posting the link to home decorators. I had never heard of them.

I have not seen the Ambella vanity in person. There are no showrooms that are near us. You say you would have purchased from Ambella if you found a cabinet that fit your space. How do you think the construction and materials compared to the vanity you ended up purchasing from Home Decorators?

My concern about the Ambella vanity we are considering is the painting (a gold flower motif) seemed sloppily done from the pictured we have seen on the web. That made me wonder if the construction was equally sloppy.

I also notice that the prices at Home Decorators are way lower than Ambella. That certainly interests me but how is their quality?

o

I think the construction and details were similar and would grade both as B. I did not see sloppy construction on any of the Ambella vanities or those I looked at at Home Decorators - and I pulled them away from the walls to look at the backsides and got on the floor to look inside the cabinets.

While I didn't pay attention to it at the time, I was focused on finding the style and size I needed, you are correct the Ambellas were more expensive. I think they were slightly overpriced. There is a Home Decorators near me and they had ~30 vanities on display, I did not see really bad quality on any of them.

If you post pictures of ones you are considering I can tell you if I saw them ''live.''

This post was edited by mdln on Tue, Jul 22, 14 at 11:54

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here